The Structural heart disease service at St Thomas' is a busy, thriving and ever extending department.
Due to one of our team taking a 6 month career break we have an opportunity for either a fixed term contract for 6 months or an internal secondment. The post would start 08/01/2024
If you are a highly motivated and passionate experienced cardiology nurse and are interested in an opportunity to further develop your clinical skills, this could be the job for you working within a renowned and innovative multi-disciplinary team at one of the UK's leading teaching hospitals in the heart of London.
This is a Band 7 position and the post holder must have their advanced physical skills qualification
Advert closing: 24th September 2023
Interview date: 10th October 2023Main duties of the job
The structural CNS team look after patients having transcatheter therapies for aortic, mitral and tricuspid disease. The valve nurse team works across the entire length of the patient pathway in both the inpatient and outpatient settingAbout us
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust comprises five of the UK's best known hospitals - Guy's, St Thomas', Evelina London Children's Hospital, Royal Brompton and Harefield - as well as community services in Lambeth and Southwark, all with a long history of high quality care, clinical excellence, research and innovation.
We are among the UK's busiest, most successful foundation trusts. We provide specialist care for patients including heart and lung, cancer and renal services as well as a full range of local hospital and community services for people in Lambeth and Southwark.
We have around 22,700 staff, making us one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country and one of the biggest employers locally. We aim to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and continue to develop new and existing partnerships with local people, patients, neighbouring NHS organisations, local authorities and charitable bodies and GPs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As an structural nurse specialist the role will include:
Person SpecificationKnowledge/ QualificationEssential
- Pre-assessment and patient education for patients undergoing structural heart disease procedures
- Close collaboration with Anaesthetics in regards to patient safety and planning of care for complex cases
- Running post procedure follow up clinic clinic (Nurse led)
- Managing the TAVI patient pathway
- Providing inpatient assessment of structural heart disease patients
- Cath lab scheduling
- Clinical support and advice lines for for structural heart disease patients (Telephone)
- Collaboration with referring hospital, admitting Consultant and Admissions to ensure patient is transferred in a timely way and reduce length of stay as far as possible.
- RN1 with BSc first degree
- Post registration qualification in cardiac specaility
- Have or working towards non-medical physical assessment course
- Working towards Masters
- Have non-medical prescribing course
- Extensive experience of working autonomously at an advanced level within the specialist area delivering effective patient focused care.
- Experience of audit, research & evidence based care
- Experience of delivering change management both personally and as a facilitator
Values and BahaviourEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced clinical skills in specialty
- Proven listening / counselling skills with the ability to manage complex situation and appropriately deliver sensitive and difficult outcomes.
- Able to use skills of history taking and physical assessment to direct patient care
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Thomas' Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.