We have an exciting opportunity for a band 5/6 development Mental Health Practitioner to join our East Neighbourhood Mental Health Team (NMHT) working with those with serious mental health conditions. The NMHTs are at the forefront of providing accessible care, integrating both primary and secondary mental health services, in line with NHS long-term objectives.
The opportunity on offer is to work within our multi-disciplinary team which includes our voluntary sector partners. We work with our two Primary Care Networks with the aim of providing a holistic, recovery-focused service.
Come and join our team, we pride ourselves in providing outstanding care to patients. We will provide you with resources to develop and progress a long-term career including flexibility, continual professional development a wide range of wellbeing and support.
Full time post 37.5 hours per week, over 5 days. We will consider less hours for the right candidate with a minimum of 22.5 hours.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide a range of mental health assessments for people who are experiencing common, acute, severe and enduring mental health conditions, including risk assessment, providing evidence based intervention. Utilising personal autonomy and working with the MDT.
Working with a range of agencies internally and externally, signposting to appropriate sources of support providing short to long-term interventions to support recovery. Provide guidance and support to the carers of patients accessing the services.
Manage a blended caseload, attending meetings, and provide duty cover. To be able to travel throughout the county as required. To supervise junior staff and students. The ability to be flexible and organised is essential.
For further details please refer to the band 5 and band 6 job descriptions.About us
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide assessment and treatment of working aged adults with mental health problems, ranging from a primary to a secondary level of need
- To work with internal and external agencies
- To travel around Herefordshire providing support in a variety of clinical settings, as well as in patients own homes
- To manage a caseload and the associated paperwork requirements
- To attend meetings required by the service
- To work according to Trust values, policies and procedures
- To provide duty cover for the team on a rotational basis
- To provide support to carers
- To supervise junior staff and students
- To undertake extra duties as required, depending on the needs of the service
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Full Current UK Professional Registration
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- 1 years post registration experience on an acute psychiatric ward or Post registration experience working with Adults in Mental Health
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Will be required to complete breakaway / de-escalation training
- To participate in regular locality duty system if required
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
- Knowledge of caring for people in the community
- Knowledge of Person Centred Care
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and amendments.
- Mental Capacity Act
- Knowledge of current mental health issues
- Knowledge of risk assessment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness of the role of social care in mental health and the ability to work with this.
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.