This role will work as a key member of the mental health team in HMP Swaleside. The Dual Diagnosis post will support people recovering from mental health issues and coexisting substance misuse needs through developing and maintaining links with local partners in the prison - particularly mental health partners - and providing direct short-term case management support to people using the service.Main duties of the job
The Dual Diagnosis Lead will offer a range of support to promote personal recovery and independence
- Support a short-term caseload of clients providing solution-focused support with issues such as mental health/substance misuse
- Crisis Planning - promoting self-management through individuals building an understanding of their own triggers/coping strategies.
- Liaison and joint case management with key partners and involved professionals, including GP, Crisis teams, and wider stakeholders within the prison
- Active Referrals/Signposting - working with individuals to identify resources/services within the prison to meet their needs and providing appropriate support to access these effectively.
- Group-work - delivering psychological programmes that support self-management and recovery and trauma.
- Peer Support - Strength-based approach concentrating on the inherent strengths of an individual to aid recovery and empowerment.
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people in community and secure environment settings. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,300 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, secure hospitals, children's centres, schools and people's homes.
We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations in the South of England. In London we operate within the Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent. We manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital, Woolwich, as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are the largest NHS provider of prison health services providing healthcare to prisons within Devon, Dorset, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people.Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values: o We're Kind o We're Fair o We Listen o We CareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Liaising with Oxleas NHS foundation Trust colleagues and partners, in relation to all areas of service delivery and ensure a consistent service delivery approach is embedded.
- Liaising with the Team Leader, Operations Manager, service users, family and carers, local stakeholders and the commissioner to ensure that the service is reviewed and codeveloped over the lifetime of the contract.
- Representing Oxleas at external meetings, and network locally to develop contacts, services and the partnerships profile
- Meeting agreed performance targets and outcomes
- Ensuring that all joint working policies and procedures are adhered to
See full JD attachedPerson SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Possession of an appropriate qualification or relevant experience and can demonstrate its relevance to this role i.e. the National Diploma Level 3 in Substance Misuse and/or a minimum of two years' experience in the field of addictions
- Experienced in the use of ITEP or other psychosocial interventions such as addictions counselling or Motivational Interviewing
- Recent and relevant experience of working with clients experiencing issues with substance misuse
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of assessment of people with substance misuse and related problems
- Some knowledge of working in liaison with GPs
- Experience of working in forensic settings
- Evidence of working with complex mental health and substance misuse service users within in-patient and/or community settings
- Experience in contributing to multi agency case/care management plans for service users with dual diagnosis presentations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work independently if necessary and as part of a team, coupled with the ability to share skills
- An understanding of the principles and practice of harm minimisation. A commitment to working within the harm reduction model of practice
- The ability to conduct a strengths based assessment eliciting a client's recovery capital
- Ability to establish working therapeutic relationships and maintain professional boundaries
Oxleas NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brabazon Rd, Eastchurch, Isle of Sheppey
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.