This is a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Mammographer to join and help lead our successful and high-performing team of Mammographers, Advanced Practitioners and Mammographic Assistants.
We are a Screening & Symptomatic Service based at Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, with three mobile vans covering the South Essex area. We screen around 25,000 women per year.
We run three new (2022/23) GE Tomosynthesis Mammography rooms and 2 Ultrasound rooms at the base site, with dedicated waiting areas. We are in process of starting contrast enhance Mammography, and actively support career development and clinical placements.
If you are interested in the role and believe you hold the qualities we require, then apply today!Main duties of the job
- The post holder's primary responsibility will be to work as a Deputy Superintendent Mammographer within Southend Hospital and on the Breast Screening mobile units.
- To supervise the Breast screening imaging staff on a daily basis.
- To deputise for the Superintendent mammographer in their absence
- To be responsible for appraising the radiographic assistants (helpers)
- To be responsible for the health promotion activities for the unit
- To be responsible for the rotation of the staff between mobiles and base unit
- To be responsible for the unit QA reports to be sent to the regional QA physicist
- To be responsible for ordering supplies.
- Act as an RPS within the Breast Imaging Service
- To provide the mammographic service for the symptomatic and screening service.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progressJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached job description, but some of the responsibilities include
To communicate effectively with team members on the breast screening service and the symptomatic breast team.
To work with the regional QA team to ensure service performance is accurately submitted and actions taken forward.
To ensure a professional patient / client and radiographer relationships at all times.
To be able to communicate with the medical staff, doctors, consultant surgeons, consultant radiologists, nurses within the unit and the trust.
To communicate with the engineers from the equipment providers.
To communicate with the clerical staff in both the screening and symptomatic offices.
To communicate with the staff from the host mobile site (can be from supermarket stores, local government, swimming pools, doctor surgeries etc)
Be able to deal with off the street enquiries and answer any related health promotion questions.
Have sensitivity to the cultural, physical, and psychological needs of the patient.
Provide information for relatives both written and verbalPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Radiography or equivalent
- Suitable Post-Graduate qualification
- Previous mammography experience at senior level
- Knowledge of ICE, PAS iWeb and PACS
- MSc level qualification in Mammography
- Demonstrated Knowledge of the NHS and NHS Breast Screening Programme
- Knowledge of PACS and RIS systems
- Team Leading Experience
- Management Experience
- Mentoring Experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information appropriate to patients level of understanding
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.