We are looking to recruit a part time experienced doctor in older adult mental health. This is to work with the West Dorset Memory Assessment Service providing expert assessment and advice to patients with cognitive disorders. The vision going forward is to ensure that Dorset residents have timely access to expert services when required for their cognitive and other mental health problems with easy access to services required and good liaison between the service providers.
The Role at MAS involves diagnosis, staff supervision and improving the service. The service has helped to improve the diagnosis rate in Dorset significantly and is rated very well in the Friends and family test. The Memory Assessment Service is planning to apply for MSNAP accreditation in the near future.
The teams are both well established and experienced. The catchment area is within a picturesque area of the county. There is good opportunity for peer support.
Pay is dependant on Grade and Experience.
Please visit our Microsite for more information regarding our Trust.
https://www.bmj.com/careers/employer-hub/dorset-healthcare-university-nhs-foundation-trust.phpMain duties of the job
This is a post for a part time Old Age Psychiatrist working in the West Dorset Area. The postholder will work part time with the Memory Assessment service for the West of the county, which provides comprehensive community based assessment for patients with cognitive disorders registered with West Dorset GPs.
Provide doctor input into the multidisciplinary teams in the West of the county MAS services. This will include direct assessment of patients, advice support and training to the MAS service, participation in clinical governance of the service, and advice and assistance in helping develop and improve MAS services.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- General medical Qualification e.g. MBBS, or equivalent and hold a Licence to Practise.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualification
- Shall have full registration and a licence to practice with the GMC. Shall have completed a minimum of 12 years' medical work (either continuous period or in aggregate) since obtaining primary medical qualification of which a minimum of 6 years should have been in a relevant specialty in the Specialty Doctor and/or closed SAS grades. Shall meet the criteria set out in the specialist grade generic capabilities framework. OR
- Shall have full registration and licence to practice with the GMC. Shall have completed at least 4 years full-time post graduated training (or its equivalent). Shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
- Section 12(2) approval and Approved Clinician approval or ability to obtain approval before starting post if on call.
- Must have significant experience in Memory Assessment Service Work
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Experience of medicine outside psychiatry e.g. general practice, medicine.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wider medical knowledge.
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA if on call
- Make decisions based on evidence and experience including contribution of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Teaching Experience
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within the NHS or comparable service.
- Understand the importance of working with managers in the interest of good patient care
- Able to manage priorities
- Evidence of management/Leadership skills training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous management experience including that of other junior medical staff
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorchester Community Mental Health Team
30 Maiden Castle Rd,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.