Occupational Therapist - Band 6 Full time, permanent post Welcome to Coventry! We are based in a bustling cosmopolitan, culturally diverse city in the centre of England, easily accessible to all major cities. We love what we do and we believe you will too!
If you are a Occupational Therapist looking to develop your rehabilitation and leadership skills and broaden your clinical experience in a wide range of conditions, then this is the post for you.
Our patients tell us that we make a difference to the quality of their lives and you are now able to apply to become part of our team and achieve value-based job satisfaction too.
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for an occupational therapist to work within the Urgent and Reablement Therapy team. The team meet patients earlier in their rehabilitation journey, preventing admission to hospital and facilitating discharge home delivering rehabilitation where it matters the most!
You will join our dynamic team of therapists who strive to understand what matters to our patients enabling patient centred care to achieve their goals. Your support will enable our patients to understand more about what has caused their health decline and engage them in meaningful rehabilitation that encourages self-management effecting long term outcomes.Main duties of the job
You will be able to assess patients in their own homes facilitating admission prevention and discharge facilitation
You will be guided by a highly experienced clinical lead therapy leads, included in effective peer support, participate in a robust in-service training programme and given opportunity to contribute to and lead service improvement.
You will be able to provide timely assessment of the patient's needs, establish effective clinically reasoned treatment plans setting appropriate patient-centred goals and enable ongoing management through delegation and onward referral.
Caseload management is supported by delegation to dedicated Assistant Practitioners and Technical Instructors. You will be integral to support the development of our unregistered workforce.
As part of Out of Hospital Services and Urgent Community Response our therapy team work collaboratively with our Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Clinical Practitioners, District Nurses, Care Navigators, Care Support and local General Practitioner's.
You will support a 7day working roster, with expectation that urgent shifts cover an 8am-8pm hours offer.
Car Driver essential For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support groups
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Successful appointment will enable you to become embedded into existing therapy teams with access to strong clinical leadership and established peer group support.
Your development will be enabled through monthly one to one/clinical supervision and values-based appraisal. Please note many Trust interviews take place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Grad Dip/BSc occupational therapy
- HCPC Registration
- Evidence of post-graduate education
- Special Interest Group Member in related subject
- Good written communication
- Organisational Skills
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Occupational Therapists - Specialist Knowledge and applied skills of Models of practice (e.g. MOHO) & related assessments
- Evidence of on-going personal development (e.g. portfolio)
- Significant post graduate clinical experience with good basic training/post graduate rotations (or within a community / intermediate care setting)
- Evidence of good generalist skills
- Experience of working in a community environment
- Evidence of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates an understanding of clinical governance in relation to occupational therapy
- Experience of assisting in audit or research
- Experience in falls prevention
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Self Motivation
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Car driver/owner
- Anti-social hours/flexibility
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.