Would you like to be at the forefront of biologics use in a busy teaching hospital? We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering excellent standards of care to gastroenterology patients. This is a fantastic opportunity for career progression and a chance to be involved in a specialist MDT, linking closely with medical and nursing staff on the wards and in outpatient clinics.
ABOUT THE TEAMYou will be part of a well-integrated and highly valued team, working closely alongside consultants and specialist nurses. You will be well supported by the Lead Pharmacist for Biologics and the other Senior Specialist Pharmacist for Gastroenterology and Biologics. You will also be included in the wider Division B pharmacy team (Medicine and Elderly Care) where you will have the opportunity to meet regularly with the pharmacists, technicians and SATO's within this team to have your say in the strategic and day-to-day operation of the pharmacy service to Division B. We are proud of our use of technology to communicate with each other and the wards, and regularly test new ways to make small improvements in the way we work and the service we deliver. Main duties of the job
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.About us
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated 'Good' by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care. All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme. Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
WHAT YOULL DOParticipate in clinical ward rounds with gastroenterology consultants.Prescribe/screen and supply biologic therapy to outpatients attending for infusions and patients managed with homecare for gastroenterology.Provide clinical pharmacy support to both the infusion centre and the teams looking after gastroenterology patients on the wardsProvide one day a week support to Immunology teamContribute to the audit and project implementation which regularly leads to publications.Screening and counselling patients starting biologics and DMARDSLead and manage projects to support service development, cost improvement and clinical excellence.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FORAn experienced clinical pharmacist with a passion for gastroenterology and biologics. Ideally an independent pharmacist prescriberPatient-focussed, compassionate and self-motivated to deliver excellent standards of clinical care.Ability to communicate well, inspire confidence and work well both independently and as part of a team. Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team to deliver service needs as agreed with the clinical and management leads for the care group.Person SpecificationTrust ValuesEssential
Qualifications, knowledge and experienceEssential
- Patient First
- Always Improving
- Working Together
- Masters Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Registered with General Pharmaceutical Council
- Postgraduate diploma in clinical pharmacy or equivalent experience
- Can demonstrate Advanced Stage 1 competencies in the RPS Advanced Pharmacy Framework in relation to medical or surgical patients
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound knowledge of clinical pharmacy services acquired while working within a suitable specialty.
- Experience of audit and evaluative work
- Teaching and tutoring experience
- Experience of supervising others
- Experience of implementing change and change management
- Development and implementation of guidelines and procedures
Skills and competenciesEssential
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- MSc in clinical pharmacy or equivalent experience
- Independent Prescribing qualification
- Can demonstrate Advanced Stage 2 or Mastery competencies in the RPS Advanced Pharmacy Framework in relation to medical or surgical patients
- Leadership qualification or experience
- Sound understanding of healthcare priorities and political agendas
- Training in medicines information
- Project Management training or qualification
- Experience of managing others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Time management
University Hospital Southampton NHS TrustAddress
University Hospital Southampton
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.