We are recruiting for a Specialist Dental Technicianwho shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
This full time postis an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Orthodontic technician wishing to work within a multi-disciplinary team and gain experience in other areas of Laboratory work.
We provide a Laboratory service to our Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontic and Plastic Surgery Departments as well as Community Dental services.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
You will need to maintain a high standard of technical expertise predominantly in Orthodontics.
Experience across a wide range of appliances, including Oral and Maxillofacial surgery appliances, removable prosthetics and Orthognathic surgery planning would be beneficial but in-house training will be provided for any successful candidate lacking such experience.
You should hold a BSc (Hons) in Dental Technology or equivalent and full membership of the General Dental Council is essential.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. This means that any employee is entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns and we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made and considered formally, and will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification information pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- BSc Hons Dental Technology Or BTEC National Diploma Or Equivalents recognised by GDC
- Registered as Dental Technician with GDC
- Par Index calibrated
- Proven post qualification experience in orthodontic laboratory
- Previous experience of working in hospital laboratory
- Experience of other disciplines e.g. restorative, maxillofacial surgery
- High level of manual dexterity
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- IT skills e.g. use of Databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to manage own time and work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of specialised technical procedures appropriate to post
- Evidence of CPD
- Knowledge of Medical devices legislation
- Knowledge of COSHH and Health and safety regulations applicable to the role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Role model our Trust values every day
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Corey's Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.