Do you have contemporary clinical experience in HIV and an interest in Nursing leadership?
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our team as a Band 8A Advanced Nurse Practitioner in HIV working in Kobler Outpatients.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, enthusiastic and who possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work and lead effectively a multidisciplinary team in across an innovative HIV service.
Please see the attached job description and person specification. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate they meet the essential criteria in the person specification in their application and if shortlisted, at interview.Main duties of the job
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner in HIV will use their specialist knowledge, skills and experience in providing HIV care to undifferentiated patients attending the HIV departments within the HIV, Sexual Health and Dermatology Directorate. They will work as a self-directed independent practitioner managing a defined caseload of patients with complex needs for regular follow-up care and treatment, providing care which focuses on enabling patients to optimise their health within the limitations of a chronic and life-threatening disease.
The ANP will inform the strategic direction of the HIV Directorate regarding the continued development of nurse led HIV care. They will coordinate effective communication across the multi professional team, between departments and the community. The ANP will provide specialist education and development for nursing staff and colleagues through education programmes, individual development programmes and clinical supervision.
The ANP will support the Nurse Practitioner team, the nursing team and junior doctors to complete competency-based training programmes appropriate to their level. The ANMP promotes excellence in nursing practice through the integration of expert clinical practice, education, consultancy, acting as a resource, developing practice and commitment to research and audit.About us
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical Responsibilities:
Professional and Personal Responsibilities:
- Use their advanced expertise and clinical skills to manage a case load of patients including those with highly complex treatment and psycho-social needs, referred by the medical consultant or team doctors for ongoing follow-up care, referring to the physician as appropriate
- Assess and interpret complex clinical information and data in partnership with the patient to make appropriate diagnoses, developing and implementing a plan of healthcare management including prescribing medications or refer for medical review if required.
- To supervise junior nursing staff in treatment support, supporting them to assess and support patients starting or switching therapy and advising on those patients experiencing problems with adherence both within the outpatient and inpatient setting
- Use highly developed communication skills to assess situations and empathetically impart information, which is often complex and sensitive, at all levels of interaction with others
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the healthcare management plan on an ongoing basis and initiate any further action required.
Education and Leadership
- To act as a role model and promote excellence in professional practice as well as promoting professional and clinical skills of non-medical practitioners within the Directorate
- To be responsible for working within the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) Code of Professional Conduct and all Trust and Directorate guidelines
- To maintain and respect patient confidentiality
- To work in accordance with local and national guidelines for HI
- To maintain an expert level of competence and continue with their own personal and professional development through relevant professional and academic study (Masters Level
- To maintain accurate and up to date medical and nursing notes in accordance to Trust and NMC guidelines
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the department as a patient-focussed positive learning environment
- To identify education and learning needs across the multi professional team and external to the Trust within the specialist field of HIV caseload management, non-medical professional-led care and treatment support, implementing and evaluating both formal and informal education programme
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the collaborative provision of HIV education for nurses at diploma, degree and Masters leve
- Contribute to in-house teaching programmes for clinical and administration staff and support regular participation from the multidisciplinary tea
- Facilitate visiting healthcare professionals from the UK or overseas through observation and discussion of non-medical professional-led consultations
Research, audit and quality
- Participate in the co-ordination of the clinic to ensure patient centred care and an efficient delivery of service
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of nursing, medical staff and other health care professional
- Ensure resources are used appropriately within the clinical setting
- Support the senior Nursing team where appropriate in the development of the junior nurses ensuring they are working within a local competency framework (based on the NHIVNA Nurse Competency Framework
- Assist in the management of patient complaints, clinical incidents and accidents and ensure the correct policies and procedures are followed
- Critically evaluates research and audit findings, using these to support clinical decision making and enhance quality of care within HI
- To write and implement policies and protocols for own field of specialism and propose quality enhancing policy or service changes within the Directorate
- Actively participate in the development and execution of nursing and multi-professional research arising out of specialist area of practice
Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- To provide specialist support, advice, share knowledge and expertise and act as a resource both within the Directorate and externally
- Establish and maintain contacts with professional bodies and other relevant agencies at local, national and international level
- Registered Nurse - Adult Level 1
- Accredited Advanced Nurse Practitioner qualification or appropriate MSc or Masters Level Course
- Teaching qualification or equivalent level of experience
- Qualifications in the speciality of HIV (for example the ENB 934 or similar) or a recognised HIV course
- Non-Medical Prescribing course ( or working towards)
- Evidence of recent, relevant professional development at recognised accredited level
- Substantial experience in HIV including providing HIV treatment support, complex case management, provision of and supporting newly diagnosed patients
- Experience of autonomously managing a case load of complex patients
- Experience of working within a multi-professional team
- Experience of undertaking audit and research
- Experience of writing and implementing protocols and guidelines
- Experience of implementing and providing health promotion
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of working as a Non-Medical Prescriber
- Comprehensive theoretical and clinical knowledge of HIV related health conditions
- Ability to undertake comprehensive history taking
- Ability to undertake physical examinations and assessments
- A commitment to work within an advanced role embracing 'freedom to act' within scope of practice
- Ability to independently assess patients, interpret clinical findings diagnose and implement appropriate treatment for HIV related conditions within own competency and refer to physician as appropriate
- Experience in the role of self-management in chronic illness and able to assist patients to achieve this effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, manage competing priorities and an unpredictable workload
- Ability to communicate bad news with sensitivity and clinical knowledge
- Ability to lead a clinical team in the absence of the consultant team leader
- Ability to act as a resource (knowledge and expertise) at all levels within and externally to the organisation
- Ability to critically analyse research and apply the findings to the practice setting
- Ability to lead clinical audit and research
- Contribute and participate in multi-professional research
- Experience of clinic management and an understanding of pertinent human resources issues
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Knowledge of health promotion and disease prevention skills and able to advise patients in these matters
- Commitment to practice development
- Computer literate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in the performance management process
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
369 Fulham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.