We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 8A Clinical Psychologist to join our Clinical Neuropsychology Service. This post is commissioned to provide a community based clinical neuropsychology service to adults with acquired brain injury in the Medway & Swale locality.
The post offers an excellent opportunity to develop and consolidate skills in neuropsychological assessment, neurorehabilitation and relevant therapeutic approaches. Working with individuals who have an acquired brain injury, their family members and carers. There is a strong emphasis on team working with colleagues at the Community Brain Injury Team.
The post is being recruited as Band 8A. Applications from newly qualified psychologists or those about to complete training are welcomed. There will be close working with a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and there will be lots of opportunity for additional support.Main duties of the jobMain duties of the job
To provide a community based clinical neuropsychology service in the Medway & Swale locality as part of the Community Brain Injury Team, Providing high quality direct (assessment and therapeutic) and indirect (consultative, advisory and evaluative) specialist psychological interventions.
The post holder will be based in out-patient clinics but will also see clients in their homes. The main office base is at the Medway Hospital, Gillingham Kent ME7 5NY alongside members of the Community Brain Injury Team.
Members of our service receive regular supervision and there is a commitment to ongoing training and professional development with support for attending external training courses and regular in-house CPD events. The service has supported many staff to undertake further qualifications in clinical neuropsychology.About us
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
KMPT offer a relocation package for new staff. To find out more about what Kent has to offer visit: https://www.takeadifferentview.co.uk/.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide specialist psychological assessment of people with acquired brain injury and their families using a range of psychological theoretical perspectives.
- To formulate and implement plans of specialist psychological treatment for acquired brain injury based on a multi-factorial psychological understanding and current evidence-based best practice.
- To undertake a range of psychological therapeutic interventions, drawing on a range of psychological models and employing a range of modalities (individual, family and group) adapted and tailored to the needs of the individual, the context and ongoing evaluation of the outcomes of the intervention.
- To be responsible for providing a specialist psychological perspective in the multi-disciplinary assessment of people with acquired brain injury and their families.
- To contribute specialist psychological advice to the multi-disciplinary formulation of therapeutic/intervention plans, and to be involved in, or oversee specialist psychological aspects of their implementation in collaboration with other staff.
- To undertake psychologically based risk assessment and risk management for relevant individuals and provide advice on the psychological aspects of risk to the multi-disciplinary team.
- To consult with and provide specialist psychological guidance to carers and families of people with acquired brain injury.
- HCPC Registration
- Honours Degree in Psychology
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Further qualification in Neuropsychology or related field
- Training in Supervision
- Experience of working with complex presentations in neurological settings or related field and with range of age groups
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with specific neurological presentations of Stroke, Acquired Brain Injury
- Experience of supervising psychology or other staff
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.