Working Full Time: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Due to a number of internal promotions we are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join our expanding, friendly and dynamic Team as a Band 5 Diagnostic Radiographer.
The job on offer is a full time (37.5hrs a week) post that will include weekend working. The role is suited to both qualified and newly qualifying radiographers and a full induction with training will be provided. Your Application:
If we receive sufficient applications then this vacancy will close earlier than advertised Main duties of the jobMain duties of the job
- Please specify your expected qualification date.
- Please specify if you require full or part time work.
- You must have a UK professional registration, please state if you are awaiting this following qualification
- You will be expected to take part in the department out of hours rotation which will include contracted weekend work.
- Your offer of employment is subject to 2 satisfactory references, one must be your most recent employer and cover the last 3 years of employment, with full contact details including a work email (personal emails are not accepted).
- You must disclose any previous convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings on the application, unless these are protected under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
The Radiology department supports the wider hospital with the delivery of their services, the role will see the successful applicant based in general x-ray where they will support the various services with the provision of high quality diagnostic X-rays.
This will include working within A& E, inpatient and theatre settings.
You will be required to participate in the out of hours service which would include working some weekends as part of your contracted hours. You will also be required to cover Elsmere Port Radiology on occasions.About us
The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust consists of a 600 bedded large District General Hospital, which provides its services on the Countess of Chester Health Park, and a 64 bedded Intermediate Care Service at Ellesmere Port Hospital.The Trust provides services in all of the surgical and medical specialties common to a District General Hospital with some specialist services. The Trust serves the whole of the local population currently in excess of 250,000 residents which geographically covers populations in England and North Wales.The Trust strives to continuously improve and sustain the quality of its services for patients, providing care to more than 445,000 patients per year, with almost 4,000 staff working together putting quality and patient safety, at the heart of everything we do. The organisation provides a wide range of services offering health care to the whole spectrum of the population from birth to the end of life. The Trust complies with its terms of authorisation as a Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See Job Description for further details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. The cost of the DBS application is �23 (standard) or �43 (enhanced), this cost will be deducted from your salary over the first three months of employment.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
Good luck with your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- BSc in Radiography / Diploma of College of Radiographers. HCPC registered
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Be adaptable, competent and safe in the operation of a variety of specialist equipment.
- Desire for self-development and motivation to embrace change and learn new techniques outside the current scope of practice. Provision of CPD portfolio and documented evidence to support ongoing selfdevelopment.
- Demonstrate empathy, tact and understanding of patient's clinical and emotional situation.
- Participate in / influence service development as required.
Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Countess of Chester Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.