For this role we are very happy to consider both consultant and locum consultant applications.
We have an Outstanding rating from the Care Quality Commission, our staff survey results are one of the best in the country, we are leaders in digital maturity and that we have a mature Quality Improvement (QI) approach to innovation and development. We are also very popular with the trainee doctors, are viewed as extremely helpful, supportive and get excellent feedback.
For International Medical Graduates we will support you to get Section 12 and Approved Clinician status and also in the longer term via CESR we will support you to become substantive consultants on the GMC specialist register. That being said we treat all of our consultants the same and as far as we are concerned a consultant is a consultant whether they are on the specialist register or not.
For consultants there is the chance to pursue your own interests, so if they lie in R& D, QI, or management & leadership well support you.
In 2021 Berkshire Healthcare was 4th out of the 48 community and mental health trusts for the number of research projects we recruited to. We have refreshed our research strategy and are looking for enthusiastic colleagues to develop and implement the Trusts research programme.
QI the Trust is very active in terms of quality improvement. Including the opportunity to gain fully accredited QI qualifications. Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic and forward-thinking Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our innovative and experienced community specialist CAMHS team in East Berkshire.
Due to vacancies created by new service developments and staff changing roles we have a total of 6PAs available within our East Specialist Community team (based at Slough).
The role is mainly based at Fir Tree House, based in the ground of Upton Hospital. There will also be some travel required to other SCT sites for meetings and an element of home working.
The Consultant should be oriented towards a team approach and work closely with other CAMHS teams such as CAMHS Common Point of Entry (CPE), CAMHS Rapid Response (Crisis team), CAMHS Phoenix (Tier 4 alternative to admission ), parents/carers, other CYPF colleagues including Community Paediatricians, the Children & Young Peoples Integrated Therapy Team, Health Visitors, School Nurses, General Practitioners, Childrens Social Care and other local authority services, schools and VCSE partners as well as other clinical support staff in the Trust and members of the Multi-Disciplinary TeamAbout us
Berkshire Healthcare CAMHS runs a pathway model with locality-based specialist community teams working alongside county-wide specialist care pathway teams including neurodevelopmental services, EIP, CAMHS Eating disorders, a Rapid Response team.
The Consultant will be based within the East Business Unit which covers the localities of Slough, Windsor, Maidenhead and Bracknell. Each unitary authority brings its own population needs and demographics. The consultant will be primarily responsible for the provision of psychiatric services to children and young people living in the Slough, Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead locality, but will work collaboratively with the other Consultants within the East Business Unit, to ensure that psychiatric services are provided relative to demand across the unit.
The Multi-Disciplinary Team provides an outpatient Tier 3 Specialist CAMH service to children and adolescents up to their eighteenth birthday in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health disorders. We have a good working relationship with the AMHT and there is a trust-wide transition policy.
The Berkshire East SCT team are a cohesive team of professionals including Psychologists, Family Therapist, Art Therapist, nurses, CBT therapist, assistants and a very experienced admin team who run our clinics with great expertise.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Contribution to the assessment of child and young people presenting to the team.
- Treatment of children and young people with mental health disorders, tailored to their individual needs, in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- It is expected that the Consultants caseload will vary depending on the complexity of clinical presentations of the young people seen. This will be agreed in regular caseload supervision with the line manager.
Consultation and collaboration with other agencies in the assessment and treatment of complex presentations.
- Meetings and consultations with other members of the team and external agencies as required.
- Planning and co-ordinating mental health services for children, young people and families, where appropriate.
- Preparation of professional assessments and reports on those children or young people known to the post holder.
- Participate in medical audit and evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty.
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others.
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA.
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment.
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment.
Academic Skills & Lifelong LearningEssential
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training.
- Ability to work in and lead team.
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development.
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality
- improvement programmes.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and
- postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Fir Tree House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.