We are seeking a skilled and motivated Data Analyst to join our Maternity and Neonatal Department within the NHS. As a Data Analyst, you will play a crucial role in developing various data collection and analysis tools, focusing on the specific needs of the maternity and neonatal care domain. Main duties of the job
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Information Analyst to become part of a busy team and contribute towards meeting the key business requirements of the Trust with a focus on maternity and neonatal care/
You will provide a vital role in supplying high quality information for performance management, service development, operational management and patient care.
The successful candidate will work within a team of clinicians and Information Analysts and will be responsible for providing a range of reports and returns to monitor and report on performance against targets, as well as responding to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner.
You will have a proven track record in specialist information provision and analysis, and be able to demonstrate excellent analytical skills and experience of interpreting complex information to an advanced level. Ideally, you will also be a proactive problem solver with a desire to drive reporting and analysis developments.
Providing expertise and advice to staff at all levels will require you to have excellent inter-personal and communication skills. You will also be a good team player, who can manage their own workload effectively and work on their own initiative to play an active role in continually improving the service we provide.About us
We are one of the biggest and busiestNHStrusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
- We focus on what matters most
- We treat others how we would like to be treated
- We are passionate and creative in our work
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of LeicesterNHSTrust: (leicestershospitals.nhs.uk)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Utilise expert of knowledge of various digital platforms including M365 to design and implement data collection and analysis tools tailored to the specific needs of the Maternity and Neonatal Department.
2. Collaborate with stakeholders in the department to identify data requirements, develop data models, and design effective data collection strategies.
3. Collect, clean, and validate large datasets from various sources, ensuring data integrity and consistency.
4. Conduct in-depth data analysis, applying statistical techniques and leveraging data visualization tools, to identify trends, patterns, and insights related to maternity and neonatal care.
5. Interpret and present data findings to key stakeholders, including healthcare professionals and decision-makers, providing actionable recommendations to enhance patient care and outcomes.
6. Develop and maintain data dashboards, reports, and visualizations that enable real-time monitoring of key performance indicators in maternity and neonatal care.
7. Collaborate with IT teams to improve data infrastructure, ensuring data quality, security, and accessibility for the department.
8. Provide training and support to department staff on data collection methods, tools, and best practices specific to maternity and neonatal care.
9. Adhere to data protection and confidentiality regulations, ensuring compliance with NHS guidelines and policies.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or 3 years equivalent learning/experience preferably in the NHS
- Post graduate qualification or equivalent learning/experience
- Proven technical expertise in data extraction and analysis such as use of Access, Excel, Business Objects, SQL
- Experience and understanding of NHS performance monitoring processes and data requirements
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
Communication & RelationshipsEssential
- Experience using QlikView or QlikSense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team working skills
- Capacity to work with colleagues across all disciplines and at every level of seniority
- Excellent analytical report writing and presentation skills, with ability to explain complex information and make recommendations based on information
Analytical & JudgementEssential
- To lead and coach others in specialist area of expertise
- Ability to manipulate data from a variety of sources and present in the most appropriate format (maps, charts, tables et.c). Ability to analyse, interpret and present highly complex information from large data sets.
- High level of numeracy with good problem solving and attention to detail
Planning & OrganisationEssential
- Specialist knowledge and experience of statistical /analytical/ techniques and procedures.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.