Specialist Physiotherapist, JCR Hastings & Rother Permanent, 22.5 hours per week.
Welcome to East Sussex, a place that boasts a beautiful coastline, beaches and the South Downs National Park. Close to Brighton and rail links to London. Come and join our friendly, sociable, experienced teams working within an integrated Health and Social Care community rehabilitation service based in Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford area.
The Joint Community Rehabilitation and Falls Prevention Service operates 7 days a week which assesses and treats people within their own homes. Our service aims to prevent unnecessary admissions to hospital or long-term care, enable earlier discharges from hospital and promote independence and quality of life. The ability to travel around the county in a timely fashion is essential. Weekends are covered on a rota basis and at present includes one weekend day approximately every 4 weeks with a day off during the week.Main duties of the job
JCR is a friendly, supportive, integrated and multi professional team which includes Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Falls Practitioners, podiatrists, nurses and Support Workers using an inter-professional model of working. We key work and provide rehabilitation to adults with a variety of medical and surgical conditions. You will be fully supported to develop your inter-professional skills and areas of special clinical interest. We offer regular supervision and training opportunities for professional development.
We encourage you to contact us for an informal chat or visit. We look forward to hearing from you.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or diploma in Physiotherapy
- Current registration with HPC
- Post-graduate qualification or proven equivalent experience and knowledge in relevant field
- Specialist postgraduate training
- Practice Placement Education Certificate
- 18 months - 2 years rotational Band 5 experience
- Experience of training/supervision
- Experience of multi-professional working
- 2-3 years acute rotational experience, to include neurological experience
- Experience of using client-centred goals.
- Experience in the area of community rehabilitation
- Experience of providing training
- Experience of delivering presentations
- Knowledge of client centred practice
- Awareness of clinical governance and understanding of the NHS and challenges facing service delivery.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Specialist client group knowledge
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
JCR Office Ward B
Bexhill hospital Holliers HIll
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.