Are you a Dietitian who is looking for an opportunity to gain experience in a busy acute environment with opportunities to develop specialist skills? We are looking for a Dietitian to join the Nutrition and Dietetic Team at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust, to provide a service to both inpatients and outpatient clinics. We are a friendly & supportive team of Dietitians, Dietetic Assistants & Nutrition Nurses with bases in Peterborough City Hospital and in Hinchingbrooke Hospital Huntingdon. Your base will be at Peterborough City Hospital, with a requirement to travel between sites according to service need
Band 5 rotations offer experience in areas such as critical care, renal, stroke, gastroenterology and oncology. As part of the wider Therapy Services Department you will join other Band 5 therapists in undertaking the newly qualified preceptorship programme if appropriate. The Dietetic team has close working links with the Community Dietetic team and supports the training of students from the University of Hertfordshire.Main duties of the job
- The post holder will have a clinical role in the Nutrition and Dietetic Service.
- He/she will work as a dietetic practitioner within uni-professional and multi-professional team environments with regular supervision.
- The post-holder will be based at Peterborough City Hospital and will be required at times to work across sites as part of the Band 5 specialist rotation opportunities.
- He/she will deliver a high standard of evidence based dietetic care to adult inpatients and to patients seen in outpatient clinic settings.
- He/she will support advanced and specialist dietetic leads in the development and maintenance of Nutrition and Dietetic Service standards, guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- He / she will undertake the Band 5 preceptorship programme if newly qualified.
- The post-holder will ensure the service is patient centred and develops in line with national and local policies in order to meet the needs of the local population.
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities.
Benefits to youo 27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) o NHS Pension Scheme:o Flexible working opportunities o Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays o Career development and training o Wellbeing support and activities o In-house physiotherapy Service o On-site canteens with subsidised meals o Subsidised staff parking (currently free).o Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and PeterboroughJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information regarding this role please see the detailed Job Description and Person Specification attached to the postPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics or Degree followed by a Masters in Dietetics
- HCPC Registered Dietitian
- Acute Hospital Experience
- Experience of managing patients requiring enteral nutritional support
- Experience of working collaboratively with community and MDT teams
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic knowledge of the multidisciplinary team roles
- Basic knowledge of enteral feeding methods & interventions
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.