Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
The post holder will act as a source of information, support, advice and training for families. This role also involves educating staff, student nurses and multi-agency staff. Working as a band 6 school nurse, the post holder will provide and promote the healthcare needs of children / young people with complex health care and severe learning needs. The successful candidate will work alongside the Band 5 nurse and will provide a supportive role in the management of the school nursing team.
As a team, we are committed to delivering high quality care and are looking to recruit staffs that are able to demonstrate the same enthusiasm in order to help us develop our service further. We fully support our staff in development and training.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow link https://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationRoyal Free World Class ValuesEssential
- Demonstrate ability to meet trust values
- RSCN / RN Child/Learning Disability
- ENB 998 or equivalent teaching qualification
- Other relevant post registration / professional development
- Significant post registration experience, working in acute/ community setting
- Evidence of Child Protection awareness and training
- Experience of working/supporting student nurses.
- Experience of managing a ward or individual caseload.
- Ability to prioritize workload and delegate as required
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- Experience of developing protocols / guidelines.
- Experience of teaching
- Effective role model
- Evidence of ability to teach in informal and formal settings.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and also as part of a team
- Ability to produce high standards of documentation
- Ability to negotiate and advocate for children and their families
- Awareness of current developments within paediatric nursing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of general paediatric skills.
- Flexibility, Adaptable and Reliable
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to Lead, work autonomously and within a team
- Commitment to patient care
- Commitment to furthering knowledge and responsibility
- Presentable appearance.
- High standards of care
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of understanding of role
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Swiss Cottage School
80 Avenue Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.