We are delighted to be able to offer this amazing opportunity to train as a CBT therapist in our eating disorder services.
The post holder will be appointed as a trainee Cognitive Behaviour Therapist whilst undertaking diploma level training in CBT and on qualifying the post holder will be able to take up a permanent band 7 position within our trust - becoming part of the team!Main duties of the job
- The first year of training provides foundation in generic CBT skills. The second year will focus on the application of CBT for individuals presenting with eating disorder.
- During this time you will work within our eating disorders, as well as attending training.
- The Eating disorder service takes a whole team approach, so you will develop core team skills around assessment and formulation as well as to develop specialist skills as a CBT therapist.
- You will be working as part of an established Psychological Therapies team, which is fully embedded within a multi-disciplinary Specialist Eating Disorders Service serving individuals accessing services in North Hertfordshire.
- Youwill have access to regular peer and individual supervision, in addition to CPD opportunities.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
Our Trust Values Are The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Attending lectures, and complete course work as part of the CBT diploma, attending this course is part of paid duties, and attendance is part of your contract.
Support the core functions of the CEDs service, including assessment (which may include gathering core data) and care planning making use of shared decision making to develop personalised care plans with a Recovery focus.
Liaise and work with the core eating disorders team.
Undertake training cases to support development of CBT skills.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following at graduate level in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, arts therapy or within a psychological therapy. OR Evidence of meeting the Knowledge Skills and Attitude (KSA) requirements of BABCP.
- Minimum 2:2 Degree qualification
- Experience working in adult community mental health services.
- Demonstrable experience of working in mental health services
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets.
- Ability to manage own caseload and time.
- Experience of working in a service where agreed targets in place demonstrating clinical outcomes
- Experience of Working with Individuals with Eating Disorders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to evaluate and put in place the effect of training.
- Has received training (either formal of thorough experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice.
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of mental health difficulties and how they may present in Secondary Care Services.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health.
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems.
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post.
- Able to attend a one day per week course.
- Able to complete academic components of the course.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Rosanne House, Parkway, Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6HG
Welwyn Garden City
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.