Up to 22.5 hours part-time position!
SomersetFT are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible dietitian to join our progressive Home Enteral Tube Feeding Team on a permanent basis. The post holder will work as a member of the Home Enteral Tube Feeding Team as well as an additional smaller caseload of general community work. The work will be based across the county of Somerset.
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain clinical experience both with children and adults who are tube fed in their own home as well as general community dietetic experience within an outpatient setting.Main duties of the job
As a member of the Home Enteral Tube Feeding team you will provide dietetic care to patients in a variety of settings, both face to face and virtual. This will involve monitoring, clinical assessment of patients and adjustment of feeding regimens for both adults and children. You will be working within a supportive a team of dietitians, company nurses and the wider multidisciplinary team. The general community patients are referred by GPs, Consultants and other HCPs for a range of conditions and are seen in various locations face to face around the county in addition to virtual consultations. You will need to be flexible and organized with the ability to travel efficiently across Somerset, so a car driver and access to a vehicle for work is essential.About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful applicant will have proven experience within a nutrition and dietetics healthcare setting underpinned by a relevant degree/diploma and HCPC registration. The ability to work independently as well as part of a supportive team is essential.
Experience working with tube fed patients is desirable and priority will be given to candidates with home enteral tube feeding experience.
If you are a band 5 dietitian looking for a step up and new challenge or an experienced band 6, we would love to hear from you.
See job description for full details.Person SpecificationBSc Nutrition and Dietetics orEssential
- BSc Nutrition and Dietetics or BSc Degree and Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics
- HCPC registration
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice
- Evidence of team working
- Knowledge of clinical governance
- Experience of dietetic service delivery for tube fed patients
- Experience of working with patients in a community dietetic outpatient setting
- Evidence of excellent communication skills e.g. oral, written and communication with different groups
- Able to calculate macro and micronutrient requirements using determined BMRs (basic metabolic rates and physical activity levels)
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to reflect and appraise own performance and that of others including undergraduate students on clinical placement
- Accurate keyboard skills - for entry on individual computerised records, word processing, dietary analysis
- Must be a car driver and have access to a car
- Willingness to use technology to improve standards of care and support to our patients
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post Registration training, Diploma of Advanced Dietetic Practice Accredited or equivalent
- Behaviour change or motivational interviewing skills
- Website building and associated technology, including video editing skills
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Priory Medical Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.