We are recruiting for a Macmillan Lymphoedema Clinical Nurse Specialist who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
The successful candidate will join our busy team at Lymphoedema out-patient clinic at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre and she/he will run their own clinic and plan treatments for their patients.
The clinic assesses patients, plans care, after discussion with patients, prioritising self care measures. We offer measuring for compression garments, neuro muscular taping, Lymphatouch, Hivamat, laser, intermittent pneumatic compression pumps, bandaging and MLD, all of which we will arrange for you to be trained to deliver/use
We are a forward thinking service, keen to develop the clinic, you will be involved in working on projects. Staff are encouraged to update themselves by attending conferences, webinars and relevant updates.
Our Values are Include, Respect and Improve. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
The post holder will plan their day, seeing up to 9 patients, manage their clinic using Lorenzo, an IT system, provide patient education, arrange for delivery of compression garments to patient's homes, choose which treatment modalities a patient requires and deliver treatment and plan discharges.
You will run a variety of appointments: checking on garments via the phone F2F follow up and intensive treatment appointments.
Occasionally you will review patients on the ward. You will work with other staff groups such as physio and dieticians.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
ENHT is seeking to maintain and expand the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre staff as we move to an exciting new future.
We welcome applications from those who would relish the opportunity to be part of new and developing cancer service, building on the excellent reputation, research and patient experience the Cancer Centre already delivers.
In addition, you will receive a High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of your basic salary, subject to a minimum payment of �4,314 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationPrevious ExperienceEssential
- Post graduate clinical experience with a minimum of 18 months
- Audit and standard setting
- Service development
- Experience working within other lymphoedema and or Oncology specialist centres
- Supervisory skills.
- Transferable skills
- Ability to pass on skills/knowledge to others within formal and informal environments
- Contributes to the development of services. Can work within a team to ensure service provision to specified clinical areas
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to cope working in a stressful environment including the ability to impart information, regarding poor prognosis and rehabilitation. Able to deal with emotional or aggressive patients and carers.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of approaches to the management of this area of clinical practice.
- Working knowledge of critical appraisal, audit and outcome measures
Qualifications / TrainingEssential
- Knowledge of research.
- Presentation skills using various media.
- Competent IT Skills
- Active member of SIGS (Special Interest Group)
- State registered healthcare practitioner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registration with MLD UK
- Recognised teaching/assessing qualification
- Certificate of Graduation from recognised MLD course
- Certificate of updating of original MLD course (no more than 2 years between certified updates)
- Post graduate qualification in lymphoedema management
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.