Band 6 Senior Physiotherapist (Urgent Care rotation) This is a fixed-term/secondment opportunity for 12 months.
Main duties of the job
- To be a Senior Physiotherapist delivering patient-centred, caring therapy for Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust Hospital (RBFT).
- To be professionally responsible for all aspects of your own work including the therapeutic management of patients in your care, with support from your supervisor.
- To use your physiotherapy knowledge and skills to provide specialist support and advice to the Multi-Disciplinary team and to manage own caseload of patients as an autonomous practitioner.
- To deliver a high quality, effective and efficient physiotherapy service in the Therapy team.
- To be a member of the Therapy Department team, contributing to service development in Therapies and the Trust.
To be an Experienced Physiotherapist working for Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust Hospital.
To participate in the management and clinical leadership of physiotherapy in conjunction with the Band 7 Advanced specialist or Inter-professional Lead.
To use specialist physiotherapy knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to provide specialist support and advice to the physiotherapy team and to manage own caseload of patients with complex conditions as an autonomous practitioner.
To ensure a high quality, effective and efficient physiotherapy service in designated area.
To be a member of the Therapy Department contributing to planning and policy development in these departments.
To deputise for the Band 7 Advanced specialist as required. To be a member of the Therapy Department team, contributing to service development in Therapies and the Trust.
To deputise for the Band 7 clinical lead Physiotherapist as required.About us
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
xcellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES CLINICAL AND PROFESSIONAL
GENERAL General responsibilities
- To be responsible for the efficient, effective and safe physiotherapeutic management of patients within RBFT.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work.
- To receive referrals and independently assess and treat own caseload of patients.
- To have clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients.
- To formulate and deliver specialist individual physiotherapy treatment programmes.
- To have knowledge of a range of treatment skills.
- To ensure effective discharge planning within the team.
- To deliver physiotherapy in different locations, according to the requirements of the post.
- To use theoretical and practical knowledge to advice, guide and teach peers.
- To provide recommendations and advice to the MDT.
- Certain roles across the Therapy dept can involve weekend working.
Person SpecificationExperienceEssential KnowledgeEssential
- To have responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of self and others.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times
- To report immediately any clinical incident and complete a clinical incident monitoring form.
- To comply with the Trusts policies including equal opportunities.
- To comply with the requirements of the Data protection Act 1994.
- To carry out such duties as may be required by the Professional Lead of Therapies consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
- To attend any mandatory training and induction courses as designated by the Trust.
- To abide by CSP rules of professional conduct and local professional and quality standards.
- To comply with professional guidelines regarding the role and duties of a Therapist.
- To adhere to all Trust policies and guidelines at all times.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Specialist knowledge post qualificatioon
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.