Band 8a Clinical Manager/Matron
An exciting opportunity has arisen in EPUT and we are in the position to recruit a Clinical Manager/ Matron for North West Essex Mental Health Inpatient Services.
This role would see the successful candidate having management and oversight of two adult acute wards in Harlow and two older adult wards in Epping as well as a Health Based Place of Safety in Harlow.
The successful candidate will be a competent practitioner with a proven record of leadership skills as a Band 7 nurse and able to take responsibility for the overseeing of assessments of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for clients with mental health needs for the adult and older adult inpatient services.
The successful candidate will be a compassionate, approachable and visible leader who can balance and have oversight of clinical demand across two sites. They will have a passion to improve inpatient services using quality improvement methodology to ensure patient safety as well as increased patient and family/carer involvement.Main duties of the job
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent risk assessment skills,
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Demonstrate compassion, understanding, commitment, enthusiasm and above all be highly motivated.
- The candidate will have a high level knowledge of CQC requirements and have a philosophy of the 6 C's of care.
- Active participation will be required in the training and education of learners allocated to the Mental Health Service, and to encourage integration between the Ward Team and Crisis Services.
- The successful candidate will deliver the highest quality care for patients with acute mental health issues with a positive attitude and a commitment to maintain EPUT's excellent customer care.
- We are looking for people who can bring commitment and fresh ideas, and determination to take forward our service in new and innovative ways in return we offer training and development of staff, support through regular supervision and appraisal to assist you in setting realistic objectives.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible to the Service Manager of Inpatient Services and Urgent Care Services. The post holder will be responsible for the management of clinical areas, providing leadership, supporting staff and working collaboratively with Consultant Psychiatrists, other grades of medical staff, Allied Health Professionals and Social Work Practitioners to provide and deliver high quality and safe care. The post holder will provide clinical supervision and 1:1 support to four ward managers regularly. The post holder will demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision making process, including joint working with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to meet the needs of the patients and carers to ensure that they are working to EPUT Clinical Policies and Procedures/Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Practice and Standards.
Please see Job Description and Personal Specification for further information.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RMN or equivalent professional qualification
- In-depth knowledge of in-patient mental health services
- Master degree or equivalent level of experience
- Qualification at degree level
- Degree in management
- Extensive experience in leadership role
- Experience in managing and resolving conflicts between professionals and teams
- In depth knowledge of wider policy and service issues relating to mental health
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Human Resources practice, policies and procedures.
- Previous Matron Level Experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to contain and manage the stress of others and oneself
- Ability to frequently sustain periods of prolonged concentration for data analysis, report writing etc.
- Ability to balance competing priorities.
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Hemstel Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.