Are you a Registered Mental Health Nurse, OT or Social Worker?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Community Mental Health Service to work within our Community Mental Health Team, based in Bridgwater. We are looking for an enthusiastic practitioner who is keen to be part of the exciting transformation of Mental Health Services in Somerset .
We are a trailblazer Trust for the Community Mental Health Framework for Adults and Older Adults, and have received significant investment to transform all our community mental health services and have recently been awarded Mental Health Trust of the Year!
We have posts available in variations of full time, part time, compressed/flexible hours.Main duties of the job
- Deliver a high quality, comprehensive mental health service for patients with severe and enduring mental health difficulties. The role involves managing a defined caseload, with a focus on working with individuals who experience a complex range of needs and difficulties, and supporting their significant others.As a Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker, youwill provide assessment and psychosocial, evidence-based interventions to a caseload of people with mental health difficulties. A focus on a collaborative and strengths-based approach is essential to this role.- Work within a Community Mental Health Service that has challenged the traditional boundaries between primary and secondary care in partnership with Service Users, the Voluntary Sector and Community Enterprise.- Contribute to the clinical leadership of the team, providing supervision for other team members as agreed with the Team Manager. - Participate in team and service development and evaluation. Liaison with a wide range of partners is central to the role.- Must have a full driving licence and have permanent access to own transport with appropriate business insurance this is so that you may carry out patient visits - you are able to claim expenses.
No weekend working required office hours only!About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
As part of our Community Mental Health Team, you can take part (or not) in team days/nights out, sweep stakes and secret Santa, as well as other activities organised by our Minister of Fun!!
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see full job description attached for more details.
Please submit your application online via Trac.
Informal visits and queries are welcomed prior to application.Person SpecificationessentialEssential
- Mental Health professional qualification, e.g. RMN, Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with relevant professional body
- Significant post registration experience in multi-disciplinary, mental health services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with evidence of a good standard of literacy/English language skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in a Community Mental Health setting
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage own time and plan timed activities for staff and patients.
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.