Our friendly team are passionate and committed to providing excellent women and family centred care to the Island. You will be able to build strong relationships with your patients, spending the whole labour journey with the parent. This gives you the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in all areas of midwifery.Main duties of the job
We appreciate and respect the many forms that make up the modern family. As a supported member of our team you will join us in embracing the CARE ethos and accepting the challenge to provide an excellent, innovative and women centred service.About us
By joining Manx Care on the Isle of Man youll be stepping away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Islands healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS. We provide lots of opportunities for professional learning and CPD, this includes use of our well-resourced education and training centre. At many of our locations youll have access to free on-site car parking. People who relocate here can also get a refund on their National Insurance contributions for the first year of living here. In addition, we offer generous relocation packages for most of our roles! On the Isle of Man you can benefit from great lifestyle opportunities, a safe environment and great schools. Manx residents benefit from lower tax rates compared to most countries in the EU. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMidwifery Talent Pool
We are looking for Midwives to join Manx Care!
You will play a key role in the Islands community providing high quality care to parents and infants within Hospital or community settings.
By applying to our talent pool you will be be proactively matched to our vacancies that best fit your skillset and experience.
You will be the first to hear about new vacancies the second they are created, giving you a fast-track route to joining our amazing team.
Please read the candidate information pack to find out more about the Talent Pool and Midwifery Careers within Manx Care. To work as a Midwife on the Isle of Man you will need to be registered with the UK's Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Unfortunately if you are not registered we will not be able to accept your application to the Talent Pool. What can this role offer me?
Manx Care Award
- By joining us you'll be stepping away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Island's healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS
- Developing our team to be the best they can be is important to us and we actively support your own personal career goals, aspirations and development
- We offer competitive salaries which tend to be higher than UK salaries with opportunities for annual pay increases for many roles. We offer shift allowances of:
- Time + 30% for work after 8pm and all hours worked on a Saturday
- Time + 60% for work on Sundays and Bank Holidays
- You will enjoy generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days and 10 public holidays
- For candidates not on the Isle of Man we will reimburse your interview expenses and give you a relocation package of up to �7,000 to get you, your things and your family to the island. You will also be eligible for housing assistance to help contribute towards your mortgage or rent on the island
- For those relocating or returning to the island you will receive a refund on your national insurance contributions made in your first year, this could be up to �4,000!
- Great on site facilities and free car parking
If you're a newly-qualified Midwife, did you know that Manx Care were shortlisted for a prestigious Nursing Times Workforce Award in the â€˜Preceptorship Programme of the Year'
This was for the Preceptorship programme it has established to support its newly-qualified Registered Nurses and Midwives throughout their first year of work.
You can read more about the programme and the award here: https://bit.ly/3tUUItU About the Island and relocating
Here you can enjoy a fantastic quality of life, and an excellent work-life balance! There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities so if you like walking, mountain biking, sailing or kayaking, you'll have lots of places to explore!
There are also lots of great cafes, bars and restaurants, and you can enjoy the Island's real sense of community. The island is well connected to the UK, and you'll also benefit from low income tax rates (20% maximum rate).
If you are relocating or returning to the Island, you can also benefit from the National Insurance Holiday Scheme, which allows you to apply for a refund on your NI contributions for your 1st year of living here. To see how this scheme could benefit you, and to find out more about relocating to the Isle of Man, visit www.locate.im.
A relocation package of up to �7,000 based on receipts is available for this role. Housing Assistance is also available where the Department will pay the difference between your current mortgage/rent bill, and that of your new accommodation on the Isle of Man, up to a maximum of �250 per month.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
Isle of Man
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.