This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Consultant Psychology Leads within the Mental Health Division to develop and embed a new branch of urgent care psychological input into liaison services.
Working with nursing and psychiatry colleagues the successful post holder will contribute towards successful outcomes for service users and their carers as well as taking a lead role in upskilling both liaison team and general hospital staff in psychosocial approaches to mental health care. Through working directly into acute hospital wards the post holders will aim to influence length of stay and readmission rates for users of the service. There will be opportunities to shape service delivery as these teams form and develop their practices.
More details about the nature of Mental Health Liaison Services can be found in the attachment associated with this advert.Main duties of the job
Our Urgent Care psychology service is well established and valued within the organisation. Having been one of the first Trusts nationally to employ dedicated inpatient psychologists in the late-90s, and in the development of Crisis Home Treatment teams, we strive to maintain and continually improve our service through our commitment to co-production, integrated multi-disciplinary team working, and our recovery-promoting drive.
We are proud of the fact that our staff have secured significant promotions into Consultant and Principal posts across the region. These have provided the opportunity to welcome new staff into our service, staff who are equally committed to making a positive difference to our services, our staff and our service users.
We have the following opportunity:
1.00 WTE Senior Clinical / Counselling or Forensic Psychologist
Working between Dudley and Sandwell Mental Health Liaison ServicesAbout us
We are looking for a psychological practitioner who is keen to apply their knowledge and skills in a new setting and is flexible and adaptable in their approaches to psychological work. Good team working skills and an ability to accommodate differing professional models is essential. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of a number of key clinical areas including mental health, substance misuse and risk. Knowledge of physical health and organic conditions would be advantageous. Robust supervision and support to the MDT will be another key aspect of this role as staff continue to work in challenging general hospital environments.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Support to the post holder will come from within the urgent care psychology team which is well established, having existed in various iterations of the Trust since 1998. Beyond the urgent care psychology team lies a wider Mental Health Divisional team of community based psychological practitioners and Physical Health Psychologists (also based within the general hospitals). Further afield again, the MH Division operates within a close network of Lead Psychological practitioners across the Trust Divisions, supported by a Director of Therapies at Board Level.Person SpecificationEssential and DesirableEssential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in Applied Psychology (or its equivalent as accredited by the BPS including models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology
- HCPC registration
- Trained in clinical supervision and the supervision of doctoral trainees
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Working as a qualified applied psychologist within the designated service including a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and a range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings.
- Research and development experience
- Experience of training and teaching others
- Active participation in quality improvement and service governance initiatives
- Experienced in risk assessment and management
- Demonstrable evidence of Trust behaviours
- Demonstrable evidence of good communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- BPS / ACP membership
- Project management work
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bushey Fields Hospital
Bushey Fields Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.