Are you a registered core professional or able to evidence that you can meet the Knowledge, Skills and Attitude (KSA) requirements of BABCP and are looking for a career change, or a chance to develop skills in Psychological Therapies.
We have an opportunity in training to become an Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist within the Malvern, Evesham, Pershore locality. Becoming a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist is a rewarding career.
Over the course of a year you will be supported to complete a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural therapy at the University of Coventry commencing January 2024, this consists of 2 days study at the University and three days supervised practice with NHS Talking Therapies.
On successful completion of the Post Graduate Diploma you will be eligible to become accredited with the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapists, and you will be offered a permanent Band 7 High Intensity Therapist post within the Service.Main duties of the job
A typical week will involve working autonomously and as part of a team. Working within a hybrid model you will take a blended approach to home, office-based working and attendance at University. Under supervision you will collaboratively with patients in your care to assess and provide psychological interventions and support individuals to work towards recovery. You will maintain clear and accurate clinical records and will be supported to embed learning and reflect in and on practice via regular supervision. You will be recording clinical sessions for academic purposes. You will be offered regular opportunity for peer support. You will share an effective interface both with your team and with relevant allied agencies within the care pathway. Alongside managing a small caseload, you will also be undertaking academic assignments. Preparation and organisation will form a key part of your weekly structure.About us
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Behave consistently with and promote the values and beliefs of the organisation.
Act as a role model to colleagues, seeking to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
Use initiative and take responsibility for the quality of their work and the service provided to patients.
Be accountable for own professional actions and matters of clinical judgement.
Will provide High Intensity interventions and assessments whilst undertaking a programme of training for this role.
Work within the service using newly developed clinical skills whilst attending the training programme ensuring that you meet the required clinical and educational components of the course.
Attend regular clinical supervision and line management as required by the service.
Work with patients from diverse populations and make reasonable adjustments to enable equal opportunities for all.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationSkills & AbilitiesEssential
- Computer literate and able to articulate clear and concise clinical notes.
- Ability to construct clear reports and letters to referrers.
- Ability to meet agreed/ specified service targets.
- Ability to convert theory to practice.
- Must be qualified and registered in the appropriate core profession as determined by the training body: Nursing (RMN or Learning Disability), Social work, Occupational Therapy, Arts Therapy, Teacher of Special Education Needs with additional counselling/psychotherapy training, Psychotherapy/ Psychotherapeutic Counselling with UKCP Registration, Counselling with BACP Accreditation, Probation Services (DipPS), Psychiatrist or General Practitioner or (for CBT trainees only) Evidence of meeting knowledge, skills and attitude (KSA) requirements of BABCP
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
- Able to commit to 100% attendance of appropriate training course.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
- Demonstrable experience of working within mental health services
- Experience of conducting accurate and detailed clinical assessments and management of risk
- Demonstrable experience of working in a service with patients who have mild/moderate mental health problems.
- Worked within a service whereby agreed targets are in place demonstrating clinical outcomes.
- Experience of working within a stepped care service for anxiety and depression.
- Experience of working with diverse communities within a multi-cultural setting.
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in primary care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the issues surrounding work/family and other external factors and the impact it can have on mental health.
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post .
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems.
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.