Band 6 Physiotherapist
Inpatients- Frailty and Neurology Team
We have an opportunity for an experienced Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist who has NHS experience to specialise in frailty and Neurology.
Will consider progressive band 5 posts, for those who can demonstrate a clinical interest and CPD plan.Main duties of the job
- To provide a high standard of comprehensive physiotherapy assessment and treatment for in-patients with a wide range of medical conditions (including neurology). Working as an autonomous clinician, using accurate analytical skills and clinical reasoning to interpret assessment findings, making diagnoses where appropriate, identifying patient problems, setting goals, and providing an appropriate treatment plan and progression. To promote an early discharge and active rehabilitation approach to care.
The Therapy Team is made up of dedicated professionals who put the patient at the centre of everything they do. We provide regular training and clinical supervision sessions and you will be encouraged to contribute to development of the service.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work autonomously to manage a defined complex patient caseload whilst working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- To contribute to the delivery of the service in a variety of defined clinical settings.
- To utilise advanced communication skills to ensure clinical advice and treatment programmes are delivered sensitively, taking into consideration the needs of carers.
- To gain consent for treatment and motivate patients to comply with treatment programmes, overcoming barriers such as dementia, cognitive impairment, hearing, visual or speech impairment.
- To comply with the Mental Capacity Act to gain valid and informed consent to specific treatment and intervention for patients who lack capacity to consent themselves.
- To undertake specialist clinical assessment, taking into account all relevant information and clinical reasoning to formulate evidence based individualised treatment plans in agreement with the patient.
- To monitor progress and review treatment plans and interventions to facilitate the achievement of goals.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with other healthcare professions, social care and other appropriate agencies, to ensure integrated and high quality patient outcomes.
- To work as a member of the multidisciplinary team, contributing to decisions with regard to patient care programmes through attendance at ward rounds, case conferences and other multidisciplinary meetings.
- To maintain accurate documentation in line with professional standards, and local policies and procedures.
- To provide accurate and timely written information and reports to referring agents and other agencies where appropriate.
- To record and submit clinical activity data as required by the Trust in an accurate and timely manner.
- To ensure the safe and timely discharge of patients from the caseload, liaising with other agencies as required.
- To be responsible for safe and competent use of equipment including the provision of support, education and training to other staff, patients and carers as required.
- To be an active member of an evening and weekend on-call rota or rostered service, dependant on service need.
Please see the Job Description for further information.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience in frailty and Neurology
- Essential to have previous NHS experience
- Clinical Supervisor experience
- Knowledge of assessment and treatment requirements for acute medical patients
- Knowledge of discharge pathways
- Post Graduate training in relevant areas
- Evidence of MDT working - including family meetings
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of complex discharge planning
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.