We are looking for ambitious, dynamic, motivated, compassionate and enthusiastic Band 5 nurse to join our North Beds Community Nursing team. The post is to join the Community Nursing Team at Twinwoods, who deliver responsive high quality nursing to patients in their own homes. We are passionate about patient centred care, support our nurses to lead and deliver excellent compassionate nursing and value our clinical teams as the heart of the NHS. You will work closely with members of the MDT to deliver care to patients with complex needs. The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff, who will make a positive contribution to the service. If you want a career which brings a new challenge every day, gives you the opportunity to test your ability to think quickly, solve problems, assess and treat patients within the place they call home, then Community Nursing could be the team for you. This is an exciting opportunity if you are thinking about joining community nursing or gaining new experiences. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated nurses. Experience in the field of adult community services is desirable but a willingness to learn and contribute is more important. Service operates between 08.00 to 21.00 hours and successful candidates will work a variety of shifts, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays. Car driver and access to a car in order to carry out duties is essential.Main duties of the job
- To embed a philosophy that embraces a holistic approach to the treatment and support of patients, carers and relatives
- To liaise with a range of internal and external staff concerning patient admissions and/or discharge utilising transfer of care documents to ensure continuity of care
- To liaise with specialist nurses to ensure that effective and timely treatment regimens are in place for patients on the community nursing caseload
- To recognise and report child and vulnerable adult abuse and to initiate Child / Vulnerable Adult Protection Procedures in accordance with Trust Policy and Procedures including provision of reports.
- Appropriately act as the patient's advocate, raising their concerns about services and/or other agencies.
- Be aware of and consider the impact on care of mental capacity and deprivation of liberty guidance, undertake appropriate assessments, acting on findings as required
- Promote and ensure that patient/client confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Maintain a professional approach at all times. In times of difficulty ensure patients are able to receive the best care, at the right time, in the most appropriate place or care setting
- To safely travel between patients' homes and other venues when working with clinical care at home and community nursing teams, adhering to relevant policies and guidelines.
- To use tact and diplomacy to communicate complex and sensitive information
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please for further information kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationEducation and TrainingEssential
- oRegistered General Nurse
- oDemonstrate evidence-based practice and up-to-date clinical skills.
- oEvidence of post-basic professional development
- oPost-registration qualification in a relevant clinical field.
- oRelevant teaching/mentorship qualification or commitment to undertake
- oPost-registration nursing experience, including community experience
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- oEvidence of and commitment to multi- professional working.
- oUnderstanding of the interface between primary and secondary care.
- oComprehensive understanding of the roles of oothers in health and social care
- oLiterate in IT/Computer Skills
- oEvidence of knowledge of clinical governance
- oKnowledge of the principles of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Children.
- oKnowledge of the principles of health promotion and prevention of illness.
- oGood oral communication skills based on fluency in English language.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oDemonstrate an understanding of national government initiatives in health care.
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Twinwoods Health Recourse Center
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.