An exciting opportunity for an experienced Neuroscience ICU Nurse to progress to a Band 7 in Neuro Critical Care Unit at the National Hospital.
Neuro Critical Care has a physical bed base of 28 beds. We are currently running 22 beds on two floors which incorporates 12 level 3 ITU beds, 10 level 2 HDU beds with planned future expansion. Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for taking charge of a clinical area on a regular basis, overseeing care and leading a team of nurses taking responsibility for their recruitment, training, learning and development. You will work with the Lead Nurse and senior nurses in ensuring the smooth running of Intensive Care on a 24/7 basis.
You will have current experience of taking charge of an Intensive Care on a regular basis. You will have a relevant clinical course in Neuro and ICU nursing plus a recognised teaching course. You will need a proven track record in leadership and mentorship and work well within a dynamic team.About us
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, serving a large and diverse population. We provide academically led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom and overseas. Our vision is to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education, and world-class research.
We provide first-class acute and specialist services across eight sites:
- University College Hospital (incorporating the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing)
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals
- University College Hospital Grafton Way Building
- Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- The Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street
We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of many complex illnesses. UCLH specialises in women's health and the treatment of cancer, infection, neurological, gastrointestinal and oral disease. It has world class support services including critical care, imaging, nuclear medicine and pathology.
At UCLH, we have a real 'One Team' ethos, and our values - safety, kindness, teamwork and improving, are central to the way we work. This is supported by our staff, who voted us as the #1 NHS Acute Trust to work for in the whole of England.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.Person SpecificationKnowledge and QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Part 1,2 or relevant section of the register
- Relevant Specialist course/pathway (60 credits at Level 3)
- NMC recognised mentorship qualification (Mentoring and Enabling Learning in the Practice Setting, ENB 998 or equivalent)
- Degree in health related subject
- Extensive knowledge of Neuroscience and Critical Care in a managerial position
- Recognised leadership Course
- Minimum 2 years' relevant clinical and managerial experience in a senior position in intensive care
- Able to prioritise own workload and that of others as appropriate
- Able to work on/under own initiative Demonstrates awareness of importance of working as part of a team
- Practices according to relevant research/evidence based
- Proven track record of leadership
- Evidence of clinical competence and regular clinical practice
- Demonstrates ability to manage a team and develop staff potential, managing performance as appropriate
Personal And People DevelopmentEssential
- Communicates effectively verbally, in writing and in electronic formats
Provision of care to meet health and wellbeing needsEssential
- Demonstrates evidence of professional development in line with KSF, maintains updated Revalidation Portfolio
- Evidence of working as preceptor/facilitator/ mentor
- Reflective in Practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Articulates reasons for desire to work in this clinical areas
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.