Are you looking for the next steps in your nursing career?
Are you passionate about Making a difference to patients' lives?
If 'yes' then there couldn't be a more exciting time to join us!
Here at our District Nursing service no day is ever the same. As a well established Community Service, we care for patients with complex needs providing highly skilled assessments and support within their own home environment.
The role will involve working within a team of experienced Community Nurses and working in partnership with multiple stakeholders and voluntary services to provide the best care to our community and shape the future of healthcare across Milton Keynes.
We are looking for nurses who can think on their feet and thrive on the challenges the working day can bring. You will be joining our team of highly motivated proactive professionals to continue our goal of developing our service beyond the traditional scope of nursing in response to the challenging health care needs that we are facing nationally.
The hours of the District nursing Service are 9am - 5pm, 7 days a week including bank holidays, with a view to move the service hours to 9am - 8pm. Driving licence and use of a car is essential.
Please can you also include that previous applicant need not apply please.Main duties of the job
In return we can offer:
About usCNWL NHS Foundation Trust are committed to safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. Our Agenda for Change employment contracts are subject to a contractual 13 week probationary period. If you are offered a job, information will be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
- flexible working
- Buy & Sell Annual Leave
- an attractive pension scheme (including a tax-free lump sum on retirement and family benefits for dependants ill health retirement benefits and life assurance cover of twice your annual pay).
- Employee Assistance programme: a free and confidential service to help with personal life
- Staying Well at Work service for tailored employment related support to staff with severe and long term mental health problems
- Physio Med: an education zone, advice line and treatment service for staff
- Staff Wellbeing Zone for free and confidential online health and wellbeing programmes
- The Recovery College: offers a range of health and wellbeing courses for staff
- A range of staff networks: The PRIDE@CNWL Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and other sexual and gender minorities (LGBT+) NetworkDisabled Employees Network
- Lived Experience of Mental Health Staff Network
- Carers at Work Network
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Network (BME)
- Discounts and savings at hundreds of retailers nationwide with My Trust Benefits: You can save money on your weekly food shops, household bills, toiletries, and cosmetics, cinema tickets, meals out and holidays or weekend breaks.
- Salary sacrifice
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Provides skilled nursing intervention/care to patients of any age or condition in partnership with the District Nurse and the clinical direction of the General Practitioners within the management structure of the employing
- Undertakes delegated duties for the caseload holder under the supervision of the District Nurse on duty who is covering the
- Takes responsibility for the caseload in the absence of the District Nurse including new visits/assessments, workload management and allocation, dealing with referrals,
- Maintains close liaison with the District Nurse, GP and other members of the primary care team and wider health and social care
- Applies current Infection Control Policy issues and universal
- Encourages patients towards self care
- Evidence of other professional training, eg. ENB 998
- Evidence of a wide range of clinical experience
- post registration experience
- experience as Community RGN
- Knowledge and understanding of current community nursing issues
- Sound clinical knowledge relative to experience gained
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Basic infection control issues and procedures
- Sound practical skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to teach others, eg. staff, patients
- IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full driving licence and use of car for work purposes
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Hawthorn Clinic, Milton Keynes
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.