Due to internal progression and service expansion, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust CAMHS has an exciting opportunity to work with young people and families accessing or who have previously accessed CAMHS Support.
We are proud of the work that has already been done to embed service user participation within our CAMH Service. We're now looking for someone who can continue this work to ensure young people and their families are able to influence and shape service design in Somerset.
We're interested in hearing from people from a range of professional backgrounds, whether that be mental health nursing, occupational therapy, social work, teaching or any other professional qualification that includes working with young people.Main duties of the job
In your new role you'll be supported by an experienced Participation Lead to build on existing networks and ensure CAMHS is engaged in meaningful service user involvement, inline with the participation agenda.
Self-starting and working autonomously, you will ensure that a diverse and inclusive culture of participation and feedback is accessible to all young people and carers across Somerset. This will include giving a voice to young people receiving care from the Tier Four Inpatient Unit in Bridgwater who may usually live outside of Somerset.
You'll become a valued member of the CAMH service, working alongside the Participation Lead and Service Managers to ensure shared values and participation philosophy is embedded across all CAMHS Teams.
Most importantly, this role will enable you to ensure children and young people's voices are heard through a participatory model, enabling children and young people to feel empowered by actively involving them in decision making processes in CAMHS.
Interviews will be held in Foundation House, Taunton on 6th September 2023.About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London. There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will report to The CAMHS Participation Lead and will be supervised and supported to deliver the key responsibilities as outlined in the attached Job Description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional qualification in teaching, social work, play work, childcare, youth work, community development, counselling, nursing, mental health qualifications or other qualifications that includes direct work with vulnerable children and/or young people
- oKnowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- oKnowledge of involvement, participation and consultation approaches with children and young people, families and communities
- Experience of direct working with vulnerable children and young people
- Experience of using participative approaches with children and young people
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of involving children and young people in planning, development or delivery of projects
- Experience of partnership working with community, voluntary and statutory organisation
- Experience of delivering training to children and young people and/or adults
- Experience of managing projects and budgets including developing project plans and delivering on agreed objectives, targets and milestones
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Foundation House Taunton (Flexible)
Foundation House, Wellsprings Road,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.