We have an exciting opportunity for a caring, compassionate and committed Band 5 Nurse to work in our community nursing service in West London which covers Kensington & Chelsea and North West Westminster.
CLCH is a perfect place for a band 5 who wants to develop a professional career. We offerclinical skills training, preceptorship, clinical supervision included in our Band 5 development programmes available to you through the CLCH Academy. But don't just take our word for it, listen to what one of our nurses have to say!
Must have NMC registration , registered Nurse
'Working for CLCH in Kensington and Chelsea has always been a brilliant place to be a community nurse. I have worked here for the past 5 years since being newly qualified. I left to work in another trust closer to home, but I came back to K& C because the teams are so supportive and friendly- the travel is worth it. The staff are always supportive with learning opportunities and new skills. It's great that the patients are all within walking distance and is a lovely area to be in, with lots of nice parks and options for lunch. I know I can really develop my skills here and will be supported into moving into a higher band and undertaking the DN course.' Main duties of the job
To provide skilled nursing care working under the supervision of the Community Nurse Team Lead and Deputy Team Lead to patients in a variety of community settings.
The post holder will undertake community nursing duties involving delivery of nursing services and holistic assessments of patients health needs using a person centred approach.
This includes providing quality and seamless nursing care to housebound patients and being proactive in co-ordinating their care needs as appropriate, avoiding unnecessary admission to hospital or long term care institutions. In addition, the post holder will be involved in facilitating self- care for patients with long term conditions, health promotion and innovative activities and projects that enhance patient service delivery.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To give skilled nursing care, based on principles of best practice and clinical This includes: Chronic disease management, end of life care, continence promotion and wound management. Specific skills include phlebotomy, administration of medication via syringe drivers and intravenous therapy, PEG management, urinary catheterisation and tracheostomy suctioning.
- Act as a Named Nurse with the support and supervision of the DN Team Lead. To take continued responsibility for the holistic health needs assessment including care planning, evaluation and appropriate implementation of health care and ensuring continuity of care following referral from acute care, rehabilitation units, GPs and other
- Undertake comprehensive assessment of the physical, psychological and social care needs of patients using the Single Assessment Process and including the needs of To provide individualised and person centred care plans that provide monitoring and promotion of self-care to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions
- Act as the patients advocate and to facilitate the patients own choices with regard to nursing care, promoting independence and self-care, as
- To identify and record new problems and other relevant information reporting back to the DN Team Lead as appropriate.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- NMC Registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of other post-registration education and training
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Abingdon Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.