At University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust (UHD) we are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic pharmacist to help us develop and drive our development of virtual ward pathways. This new role provides an exciting opportunity for the post holder to work both as a clinician as part of multidisciplinary teams, supporting medicines optimisation and work alongside senior pharmacy colleagues to develop the governance around medicines use for existing and new patient pathways as they develop.
Whilst the individual will be required to work with professionals across a range of specialities, there is opportunity to establish specialist input supporting with policy development and commissioning/formulary issues. There will also be the opportunity to work with clinical colleagues across Dorset's Integrated Care System (ICS) as we look to align and implement best practices.
The job role includes working on a weekend (daytime), and weekday (late night) rota. Base Location: Royal Bournemouth and Poole Hospital Proposed Interview Date: TBCMain duties of the job
The post holder will be integral to the optimising use of information from patient monitoring systems to support medicines prescribing and administration, through identification of clinical risks and development of innovative solutions.
Where appropriate the post-holder will work as an independent prescriber, optimising medicines with evidence based and cost effective prescribing across primary and secondary care interfaces. As part of the medicines optimisation agenda this role will consider the implementation and impact of medicines in a virtual ward pathway as part of the Dorset ICS Pharmacy Green Plan.
The post holder will be asked to use their excellent clinical knowledge to provide a regular ward pharmacy commitment.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a wealth of clinical experience, self- motivation and great organisational and communication skills. The post will offer a multitude of opportunities to evolve your skills in change management and quality improvement participation in leadership development and healthcare sustainability courses will be supported.About us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationOther requirements specific to the roleEssential
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including proven listening and communication skills with a track record in writing complex business cases and policies
- Good clinical knowledge of current therapeutics and pharmacy practice in multiple specialities
- Demonstrates expert knowledge covering a range of pharmacy services
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply all aspects of regulatory legislation and guidelines applicable to pharmacy services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good negotiating skills and the ability to influence medical, pharmacy and management staff
- Plan, organise, audit and evaluate work
- Demonstrates advanced clinical knowledge and evidence-based decision making
- Demonstrate the ability to recommend, substantiate and communicate appropriate therapeutic options for patients
- Extensive post qualification experience including experience working in hospital or interface pharmacy services
- Evidence of writing clinical guidelines and implementing national directives
- Expert knowledge covering a range of pharmacy services and able to provide specialist advice
- Proven experience as a specialist clinical pharmacist
- Ability to collaborate constructively with internal and external partners to create the conditions for successful partnership working
- Experience of influencing prescribing and/or patient pathways
- Evidence of clinical audit/practice research
- Experience of financial management of drugs
- An understanding of the changing NHS environment
- Management qualification or working towards equivalent
- Experience as a Clinical Pharmacy tutor to trainee and post-registration foundation level pharmacists
- Master's degree in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Registered with General Pharmaceutical Council
- Post graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Independent prescribing qualification (NMP) as noted on GPhC register
- History Taking & Physical Examination or equivalent qualification
- RPS faculty member
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University Hospitals Dorset - All Sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.