There are multiple posts available for this new and existing role. A total of 17 sessions are available for post holders, part time working would be considered.
The East London Community Eating Disorders Service (CEDS) is a multidisciplinary team including Therapies (family therapy, clinical/ counselling psychology, assistant psychology), Medical (psychiatry and paediatrics), Nursing (mental health and paediatric nursing), Dietetics, Support Workers & Administrative and Operational staff.
We offer specialist services including assessment and treatment to young people under 18 who are experiencing an eating disorder. Our team covers the East London boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Newham and City & Hackney.Main duties of the job
The Specialty Doctor will be an important part of the Community Eating Disorders Service for Children and Young People (CEDS-CYP). This is a new role in the team.
We encourage applicants to get in touch with the team and would welcome anyone interested in applying to come and spend some time with the team.
This is an, interesting, and varied job regularly joint working with other members of the teams to assess and treat young people experiencing an eating disorder and their loved ones. The post holder will provide high quality evidence based mental health assessments, therapy and treatment. This will include professional and practice development to ensure high quality client-centered care. There post holder will also participate in the duty rota which providing rapid response to urgent clinical situations within office hours.
There is also the opportunity of being involved in audit, service evaluation, QI projects as well as research.
We encourage prospective candidates to get in touch and arrange to spend a day with the team.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationEducation, training, qualificationsEssential
- MB.BS, MBChB or equivalent
- Full Registration with the GMC
- Either Four years of full-time postgraduate training (or equivelant gained on a part-time/ flexible basis), with at least two years being in speciality training programme in a relevant speciality/ fixed term speciality trainee in relevant speciality
- Equivalent experience and competencies
- Experience of working with children and adolescents
- Working in different clinical settings
- Or Working with people with serious and enduring mental illness
- Experience of working with young people with mental health problems of an acute and severe nature
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of eating disorders
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Child and adolescent mental health disorders and their management
- Mental Health Legislation
- Outcomes measurements
- Experience of pharmacological treatments
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Understanding and knowledge of the role voluntary organisations
- Healthcare Governance
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, non-verbal and written
- Develop effective working relationships
- Function autonomously as well as being a team player
- Assessing, formulating and prioritising patients' needs
- Apply research and theory to practice
- Evidence based service development
- Skills and a range of therapeutic interventions and psycho-social treatment options
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to cope effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- Courteous and respectful of patients, families and carers
- Assertive, independent, flexible
- Capable of multi-disciplinary and inter-agency working
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Emmanuel Miller Centre,
Travel between all three CEDS spokes in Tower Hamlets, Newham, Hackney.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.