Bank Staff Nurses Are you looking for a new opportunity but within a supportive and caring team?
QVH is a Trust with an exceptional reputation and history. We provide life-changing reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation services and have an international reputation for pioneering advanced techniques and treatments.
We are looking for registered nurses to join our Bank.
You need to be flexible and committed, offering frequent shifts to join us in continuing to give outstanding patient care. We would be delighted to hear from you, whether you are looking to either enhance your skillset or gain more experience at a world renowned Centre of Excellence.Main duties of the jobJob Summary
The post holder will work as part of a team to provide a safe, effective, efficient care environment for patients, relatives and carers. They will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care under indirect supervision from senior staff. They are expected to be able to demonstrate procedures and supervise unqualified staff, and work without direct supervision once the key learning outcomes of the foundation programme are complete.With the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally this is no less so for those joining us on our staff bank.About us
Rated GOOD overall with outstanding care by the CQC. A specialist NHS hospital providing life-changing reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation services across the South of England and beyond.
A centre of excellence, with an international reputation for pioneering advanced techniques and treatments. Everything we do is informed by our passion for providing the highest quality care and the best clinical outcomes.
At QVH we are proud of our achievements and our specialist services continue to record excellent clinical outcomes for patients. We regularly receive excellent results from patient satisfaction surveys and on average 98% of inpatients say they would recommend the hospital to their family or friends.
Our success is underpinned by the skills and enthusiasm of our staff and a strong culture of partnership. We are fully committed to training and development of the workforce with support for continuing education and learning.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical
- Carry out a full range of registered nurse duties, including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patients condition and care with support from the nurse in charge. Maintain the privacy and dignity of all patients whilst adhering to Trust and department policies, reporting any difficulties with these duties to senior staff.
- Work without direct supervision once key learning outcomes of the induction/ foundation or preceptorship programme have been completed.
- Maintain a safe environment when caring for patients, including those patients requiring frequent levels of monitoring.
- Monitor all patient care and treatment, maintaining high standards and quality at all times.
- Document incidents on Datix in real time and escalate these to nurse in charge. Aware of trust risk management and how to raise concerns policies.
- Prioritise nursing care, recognise deterioration in a patients condition and alert senior staff immediately.
- Maintain accurate, contemporaneous and legible written records of care.
- Use effective communication, written and verbal with all levels of staff including the multidisciplinary team, patients and relatives.
- Adhere to the agreed procedures as identified, and promotes by example, a high standard of good quality nursing care in the department.
- Foster good relationships with other departments, the multidisciplinary team and visitors to the unit. Help to achieve and maintain morale for both staff and patients.
- Participate in the health education and explanation of treatment to patients and relatives.
Education and Training
- Adhere to the Trusts Uniform and dress code policy.
- Responsible as a trained nurse for the control and administration of drugs within the regulations outlined in Queen Victoria Hospital Medicine Policy and the NMC and completes the trusts Intravenous and oral drug competency programmes.
- Participate in clinic projects, enhancing the standards of care.
- Assist in the updating of Professional practice/procedures in line with current research.
- Contribute to the learning environment conducive for nursing students and other staff in training.
- Assist in the implementation of national initiatives.
- Maintain own personal profile.
- Meet the requirements for revalidation.
Personal and Professional Development
- Successfully complete key learning outcomes from the foundation programme during the first month of employment and will complete the main set of competencies within 12 months.
- Initiate own development within agreed parameters.
- Be involved in any aspects of training that need to be cascaded to the whole team such as moving and handling/infection control.
- Help induct new staff with a formal induction programme.
- Act as mentor/preceptor for trained and untrained staff once appropriate training has been given.
- Be prepared to extend knowledge and skills by rotation to other areas in consultation with the Matron.
- Help in the implementation of group policies and ensure that the Trusts policies are adhered to.
- Be prepared to be trained and use any information technology that is brought into your area.
- Be involved in ensuring correct usage of equipment and assist in the training of others as required.
- Assist in the recording of appropriate patients/staff, ward/department statistical data as directed by the Departmental Matron.
- Participate in the Trusts annual appraisal system designed to identify objectives and personal development opportunities.
- Participate in the Trusts annual pay progression review (if applicable).
- Ensure that all mandatory training is up to date.
- The post holder will be responsible for continually maintaining their working knowledge of local practices, policies and procedures and highlight ongoing training and development needs to their manager.
- Registered Nurse or able to demonstrate specialist knowledge within this field through practical experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post registration experience in acute care setting
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Victoria Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.