An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated practitioner to join our Resuscitation Training team on a part time basis.
The post holder under the direction of the lead for resuscitation will assist in planning, organising, implementing and evaluating resuscitation training as well as acting as a specialist resource across the trust as part of the resuscitation training team. The opportunity to progress whilst in this post will be supported.Main duties of the job
To provide mandatory resuscitation training across the trust and to be involved whilst guided, in trust policies and guidelines involved in resuscitation.
Work within the trust risk management and governance guidelines, reporting and investigating adverse events in resuscitation, develop and implement plans for remedial action. Promoting a culture of openness and transparency which reflects a just and fair approach.
Be able to drive to the Knutsford site to deliver resuscitation and equipment training.About us
Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust delivers the highest standards of care for women, babies and families. Each year we deliver over 7,500 babies, carry out over 49,000 gynaecological inpatient and outpatient procedures, care for over 1,000 poorly & preterm newborns, perform around 1,000 IVF cycles and have over 4,000 genetic appointments taking place. We believe that this along with a strong dedication to research & innovation makes us the specialist health provider of choice in Europe for women, babies and families.
We have some of the leading experts in their field, which has been showcased on national TV and news, making our teams famous across the world for professionalism, skill & compassion.
The Trust is constantly innovating and evolving it's services to provide the most cutting edge and modern care possible. As well as developing services on our current site we have long-term aspirations for the future. We have recently launched a number of new strategies which provide a detailed long-term plan for our services.
Check out why Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust is a great place to work using the links below:
Online brochure: https://www.liverpoolwomens.nhs.uk/media/4121/recruitment-pack-great-place-to-work-16pp-v4-final.pdfJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob Summary To be responsible in the planning, organising and implementing of resuscitation training of all clinical staff employed by the trust and wider health care community.
Additional responsibilities are available within the job description.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of two years recent experience in teaching
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Proficient basic and advanced resuscitation skills for adults
- In depth knowledge of current national standards and best practice relating to resuscitation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Awareness of current NHS standards and requirements relating to resuscitation (e.g CQC, Maternity CNST, NICE, NCEPOD)
- Experience in clinical audit and performing risk assessments
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Proficient basic and advanced resuscitation skills for paediatrics and/or newborn infants
Qualifications and LearningEssential
- In-depth knowledge of current national standards and best practice relating to resuscitation.
- Current substantial experience in resuscitation practice relevant experience of delivering resuscitation training
- Willingness to undergo development in order to meet the changing demands of the role
- Resuscitation Council (UK) ALS Provider working towards an ALS Instructor
- Current and relevant Professional Registration (i.e. Nurse/ODP/Paramedic)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Working towards General Instructor Certificate
- Mentorship qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- APLS/EPLS/NLS Instructor/Provider
- ILSi Instructor
Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Liverpool Women's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.