We are looking for a motivated Dietitian with experience of paediatrics to join the paediatric team within Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust which comprises of5 other Paediatric Dietitians and strong administrative support. This permanent post is Band 6, 18 hours per week.
We are a very supportive team, have regular team meetings and CPD sessions/opportunities and have good links with surrounding Trusts and paediatric teams.
This is an excellent opportunity to consolidate paediatric skills, work with MDT colleagues in a variety of settings and develop clinical and leadership skills. The post holder will cover general out-patient clinics, lead patient groups for cows' milk-protein allergy and the opportunity to develop clinical skills in areas such as Home enteral feedingMain duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
- To demonstrate a high standard of knowledge and practical experience in general dietetics, and to provide specialist expertise in paediatrics.
- To have responsibility for designated paediatric clinics, milk-free groups and a small HEF caseload.
- To be professionally, legally accountable and responsible for all aspects of own work including the management of a diverse patient caseload.
- To undertake a comprehensive patient centred assessment (interpretation of biochemistry, anthropometrics, clinical condition and diet history) of allocated patients including those with complex presentations/multi-pathologies and use advanced clinical reasoning skills to set the nutritional goals for each patient.
- To develop and make decisions regarding treatment plans for patients on caseload, and provide expert advice to patients, carers and clinicians.
- To negotiate and agree dietary change using appropriate counselling and motivational techniques to optimise the nutritional intake of these patients to enable them to achieve dietary targets set.
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationQualifications and registrationEssential
- Degree or post-grad equivalent in Dietetics
- Registered with HCPC
- Evidence of relevant CPD
Skills and experienceEssential
- Member of BDA
- Member of specialist group of the BDA
- experience of complex nutritional assessment and care planning
- Experience of student supervision, assessment and feedback
- Experience of MDT working
- excellent communication skills/course
- awareness of professional standards for professional practice, and documentation standards
Employer detailsEmployer name
- experience of paediatric nutritional assessment and care planning
- Awareness of safeguarding processes for children
- managing difficult conversations/counselling skills/advanced comms skills
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.