We are looking for an enthusiastic and well-motivated individual with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills to lead our fast paced, administration team.
The post holder will have overarching responsibility for the management of the administration team which is based across four community hospital sites, Weymouth, Westhaven, Portland, and Bridport. You will ensure the smooth operation of the service ensuring appropriate cover is provided across teams and locations during operational hours. You will co-ordinate support to clinicians to make the best use of the resources available and play a key role in projects to develop the administration service and streamline processes.
This is a varied role, you'll be given the autonomy to make decisions and work independently, with the support of the Locality and Team Leads, as and when needed.Main duties of the job
- To develop and manage administration functions, systems and processes to to support service delivery.
- Direct line management of senior administration staff and an overarching responsibility for the administration team, ensuring that appropriate line management, supervision, training and reporting arrangements are in place for all staff working within the service.
- Undertake service projects and specific defined pieces of work to support the locality team leads and hospital matron.
- Delegated responsibility for the administration services budget and responsibility for the e-Rostering system for the administrative team in line with Trust policies.
- To be a member of and support the Locality Team Leads, Clinical Leads and Heads of Department Groups and other appropriate groups, including the co-ordination and production of appropriate operational and activity reports, drafting agendas and taking minutes.
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Dorset HealthCare is in partnership withThe Princes Trust
to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we offer an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. Please contact email@example.com to access the support.Person SpecificationKnowledge, Skills and TrainingEssential
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Relevant degree or equivalent level of training and experience, Or Relevant diploma or equivalent level of vocational training and practical management experience and knowledge.
- Significant experience and competence in the Microsoft Office suite particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Recent previous experience within a comparable role and level of responsibility.
- Previous experience of developing and implementing defined administrative procedures.
- Experience of serving committees, including agenda preparation/minute taking.
- Experience of undertaking specific projects.
- Recent previous experience of working within a customer focused environment.
Finance and resourcesEssential
- Experience in managing/supervising staff.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to use own initiative within sphere of responsibility.
- Minute taking skills
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with people at all levels
- Demonstrated ability at exercising tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse situations and to provide a resolution.
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality improvement including audit.
- Ability to manage resources with a defined delegated budget.
- Demonstrable experience of using word processing, spreadsheets, database and or presentation software.
- Advanced keyboard skills (NHS Elite, ECDL or equivalent).
- Experience of SystemOne or similar recording and booking systems.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise activities and own workload.
- Willing and able to contribute to team goals
- Able to exercise good judgement.
- Positive can do approach.
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Weymouth Community Hospital
3 Melcombe Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.