We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Healthcare Facilitator to join our team.
The Clinical Academy supports program progression for clinical apprenticeships related to nursing and allied health professions. The Academy also delivers mandatory training skills training and assessments for moving & handling and resuscitation programs.
If you are a good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills and with the ability to work effectively with service users and a range of other agencies and professionals then this could be the perfect role for you.Main duties of the job
As a Clinical Healthcare Facilitator, you will provide individual and group support for staff and clinical apprentices related to care delivery and clinical practice development.
You will deliver clinical training activities using evidence-based approaches to teaching-learning and clinical care, this includes:
- Demonstrations using simulation and/or task trainers
- Delivering presentations or workshops
- Observing clinical skills and/or practice and providing feedback in patient's home, clinic setting or hospital.
In addition, you willcommunicate with Learning Environment Lead and/or Clinical Academy Education Lead any identified practice and/or pastoral concerns for clinical apprentices.About us
One of the largest community NHS trusts in the UK, KCHFT are rated 'outstanding' by the CQC. We've got a passion for delivering high standards of care to patients and deliver excellent services to improve the health of our communities. To do this we need outstanding people who share our valuesC
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which leads to better patient care and a happier workforce. So, all our colleagues have equal access to career opportunities.
We've signed up to be a real UK living wage employer. The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate voluntarily paid by 7,000+ UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair wage. Committing to the real UK Living Wage is one way we're delivering our pledge to be the best employer.
Flexibility is another way we do this. In the NHS, we're reminded every day how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement without having to sacrifice time for personal interests or family commitments. We'll support you to work flexibly in a way that will suits us both.
Looking for professional development? We can support that too! Ourcareer pathwayswill help you achieve your aspirations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification gives you all the information you need about this role. Please look carefully at the criteria in the person specification and tell us what you have done that shows you meet this.
Still have questions? The recruiting manager would love to hear from you, their contact details can be found in the job advert.
We can get a lot of applications for some roles so to be in with the best chance of being shortlisted please make sure you apply as soon as possible. A vacancy may close early if there is a lot of interest in the job.
If you need an application form in an alternative format please let our recruitment team know so they can help you with this.
All information you supply on your application should, to the best of your knowledge, be true and accurate. Interviews are due to take place on the 29th of September 2023.
Find out more about the community differencehere.
Good luck! We cant wait to meet you and welcome you to #teamKCHFT, #cometocommunity
Although vaccination against COVID-19 is not mandatory, we are strongly encouraging colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles who have direct or social contact with patients to be fully vaccinated. In this way we will be doing all we can to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and the patients we serve.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Healthcare Professional with relevant Professional body (Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with current HCPC registration)
- Practice Educator qualification
- Degree in a health relevant subject or willingness to complete a degree (within 3 years of appointment)
- Mentoring qualification equivalent
- RCUK qualification as a: Generic Instructor or Immediate Life Support Instructor or Basic Life Support Instructor or equivalent training
- Manual Handling certificate and/or Manual Handling Principles (RQF) and/or Manual Handling Principles and Practice (RQF/SCQF) or equivalent training
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Experience of recent community/acute healthcare gained through education or work experience placement or previous employment
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to cope with change
- Ability to use own initiative
Ability to ManageEssential
- Ability to motivate and organise others to ensure best practice
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to support the implementation of local and national agenda's for health under the guidance of the team lead / ward manager
- Ability to prioritise care delivery in a professional manner, taking into account Trust policies and procedures.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has a clean, valid UK driver's licence and owns a vehicle.
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Heathside Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.