An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Integrated District Nursing Service.
Due to service redesign, we are looking for Integrated District Nursing Sisters looking for a new challenge.
Keen to work with motivated caring staff.
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
If you are an experienced, dynamic enthusiastic Nurse and are able to utilise sound clinical decision making to provide evidence based treatment and care planning in response to clinical assessment, we would like to hear from you.
In Luton we are looking for a dynamic, motivated Band 6 Nurse to caseload manage within an integrated team with a strong ethos of quality care provision.
This role will give you the opportunity to assist with the development of Integrated Community Nursing within Luton.
(Please note that should we receive a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than advertised.) Main duties of the job
To support the provision of Community Nursing care within the Integrated Community Nursing Team, providing scheduled and unscheduled care to the house bound population of Luton.
To manage a defined caseload of patients.
To prevent avoidable hospital admissions by providing a holistic assessment, care planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care packages to meet the individual needs of the patient in accordance with Trust guidelines.
To provide clinical leadership within the Community Nursing Service.
To organise and coordinate the overall care to meet clients' care needs, which may be complex involving other professionals and agencies in an integrated and coordinated way.About us
Rated 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission, we are proud to provide high quality innovative services across most of the east of England that enable people to receive care closer to home and live healthier lives.
There's one reason why our services are outstanding - and that's our amazing staff - who, for the seventh year running, rated us incredibly highly in the national staff survey.
If you share our passion for innovative and high-quality care delivery, then please submit your application and join us on our exciting journey as a leading-edge specialist community provider. All are welcome to apply and our promise to you is a culture which prioritises staff engagement and development.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Management and leadership responsibility for a team of Nurses.
To contribute to the development and implementation of policies as required.
To be accountable and responsible for the management of work priorities for self and team members.
To take a lead in the setting of standards of care amongst the team and to teach, deploy, co-ordinate and supervise the team, recognising their knowledge/skills and development potential.
To assess and implement care interventions to meet identified health needs of individuals, families and communities.
Maintain associated records.
To provide clinical supervision and mentorship to pre and post-registration nursing students.
To assess and identify any complications surrounding patient care and to act accordingly to enable the patient to remain at home where appropriate.
To assess and prioritise unscheduled requests for nursing intervention and allocation to an appropriately skilled clinician as required.
To work in partnership with other agencies to deliver strategic national and local health priorities.
To refer patients to other services / agencies as appropriate.
To escalate risk appropriately.
To ensure that patients are treated with care and compassion at all times.
If you have a non-medical prescribing qualification, you will be expected to practice as a prescriber as part of this role.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent e.g. Community Specialist practitioner /PgDip
- Independent Nurse Prescribing or willingness to undertake
- Evidence of CPD
- MSPP or equivalent
- Post Graduate study in relevant area
- Significant post registration experience including community experience
- Understanding of staff and resource management
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary Primary Health Care Team.
- Awareness of implications of DOH directives
- Ability to work within a skill mixed team, working within quality standards.
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of clinical / governance and audit
- Demonstrate an understanding of research and its impact on clinical practice.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Children/Vulnerable Adults and procedure for reporting
- Evidence of involvement in project development work or health promotion group work
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience of working within a high ethnic population
- DN/ Community experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of effective communication skills at a senior level to both internal and external agencies
- Ability to lead a team and to work as an autonomous practitioner.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work across organisational boundaries
- Systematic approach to work and ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Evidence of I.T literacy
- Relevant Clinical competencies in patient assessment / Diagnosis, palliative care, Intravenous therapy administration, Syringe Driver usage .or willingness to learn.
- Evidence of managing complex discharges involving a multi-agency approach
- Teaching and presentation skill
- Experience of managing patients with Acute/Chronic long term conditions.
Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS TrustAddress
Units 2-3, The Poynt
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.