We have a highly regarded Aseptic Production Unit (APU) at the Trust with a brand-new Manufacturing site licensed in June 2023. You will work closely with our Production Manager (manufacturing services) to help steer the team at the Site You will support & facilitate Production activity of the APU providing leadership & support to further develop a specialist team delivering high quality product.
Your input will be vital in development for new facilities, production process mapping, service delivery and workforce configuration & growth. You will facilitate production related elements at site and ensure that quality is at the centre of everything we do for our patients across the NHS and private healthcare settings.
With significant experience of managing a technically trained team within a GMP healthcare setting, the post holder will be capable of working under pressure, prioritising to deadlines and multi-tasking.Main duties of the job
To deliver and maintain on a day-to-day basis, the dispensing and manufacturing services.
To ensure that activities and records relating to the monitoring and validation of the environment, equipment and staff are carried out.
To actively seek to further develop the roles of Technicians and Assistants.within Aseptic dispensing and manufacturing activities.
To ensure that aseptic dispensing and manufacturing is carried out in compliance with current legislation and standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
See Job Description for further details:
To manage the safe, high quality, effective and efficient day to day operations of the Aseptic production service delivered at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BTEc in Pharmaceutical Sciences and NVQ 3 in Pharmacy services or equivalent
- Aseptic Preparation and Dispensing of Medicines Course (APDM)
- Accredited Technical Checker
- A1 NVQ Assessor
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- Technical Qualification - Pharmaceutical Technology and Quality Assurance (PTQA)
- Demonstrable experience of Aseptic Services Licensed Manufacturing
- General Hospital Pharmacy
- Good range of Aseptic dispensing experience (CIVAS, TPN and Cytotoxic)
- Environmental Monitoring data experience
- Proven record in service/ staffing/ resource management
- Proven record in management of change
- Dispensing and large scale manufacturing
- Education and training within Aseptic Services
- Excellent communication/verbal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to undertake logical processes planning , and ability to future plan
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to train and mentor staff
- Ability to work accurately
- Ability to prioritise appropriately
- Problem solving, decision making
- Quick learner
- Proactive approach
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Works as a team player
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Royal Liverpool University Hospital
Pharmacy Aseptic Services , Level 2 - Clinical Support Services Building (CSSB), Mount Vernon street.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.