We are looking for highly motivated Nurse who can contribute to continuing our high standards of patient's care and be part an active team that are progressing forward in developing improved methods of care.
Our ward of M4 is an area that specialises in fractured neck of femurs. We are a 27 bedded unit that specialises in trauma and orthopaedics along with complex elderly medicine. We are a multi-disciplinary team that are looking in to innovative ways to constantly improve upon the care we provide to our patients.
We are offering full time hours covering a 24 hour service. If you like the sound of what we offer and you want to work for an organisation that is friendly, committed to providing staff with learning and development opportunities please apply online.
For more information or an informal enquiry please contact CN. Chris Barlow on 0161 419 4533Main duties of the job
- Work within the NMC code of conduct
- Be able to communicate well with the MDT
- Excellent standard of written documentation
- Support patients with care delivery
- Care of patient's with orthopaedic devices
- Venepuncture and cannulation (training available)
- Work well within a team
- Able to supervise and support our health care workers
- Be able to care for acutely unwell patients
- Be willing to part take in further education and learning
- Work and maintain high standards in line with the Trust accreditation and CQC standards.
- Working days and nights
We hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers.
Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen
We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population.
We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you.
We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously, consider any request we receive and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service.
The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMain Duties and Responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice
Responsibility for Patient Care
- Communicate with patients, carers, family and relatives as part of effective patient care.
- Liaising with the multi-disciplinary team in relation to patients care and needs.
- Provides feedback to the department from courses undertaken.
- Assessing the individual's care needs, developing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care to meet needs of patients and undertake all forms of care within the clinical environment.
- Working in partnership with relatives and carers to develop and implement /improve standards of patient care.
- Liaising with staff from multi-disciplines in matters relating to patient care and equipment relevant to nursing care.
- Maintain accurate and timely patients records and documentation ensuring confidentiality.
- To uphold the Trusts dignity and respect standards First Impressions.
- Ensure that nursing care is appropriate, provided and is consistent with clinical guidelines.
- Using professional judgements is able to analyse a range of patient conditions and act appropriately.
- Maintaining high standards of patient care by personal example and professional conduct.
- Promote the safeguarding of vulnerable patients in line with national and local policy
Planning and organising
- Responsible for prioritising own workload.
- As Shift Leader be responsible for discharge planning, liaising with Social Services and for organising safe and effective handover of patients.
- Actively contribute and participate in the Trusts clinical governance agenda.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trusts policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately.
If successful this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.90. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salaryIn addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.Person SpecificationassessmentEssential Desirable
- Relevant post registration course
- computer literate
- Evidence of CPD
- Experience of working in Clinical areas
- Experience of delivering patient care
- experience of supervising others
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- effective time management
- ability to work under pressure
- team worker and initiative
- problem solving
- ability to adapt
- effective communicator
- flexible worker
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ward M4 - Stepping Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.