If you are ready to step up to the next level of your career in paediatric community dietetics and move into a team leader role then this is the ideal post for you! This Band 8a post will involve working alongside another Band 8a team leader with focus on leading the dietetic EDYS service within the community division covering the Liverpool and Sefton area.
The role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop and expand on their leadership skills and continue to manage a complex clinical caseload.
The post holder will require excellent communication and multidisciplinary team working skills. To apply for this post you must be able to demonstrate significant post registration experience in clinical paediatric dietetics and an interest in eating disorders is desirable.
To discuss this opportunity further or arrange a visit please contact Clare Jones, Team Lead email Clare.firstname.lastname@example.org or Alice Sutton, Head of Dietetics on 0151 252 5231 email email@example.comMain duties of the job
To be responsible for leading, co-ordinating and delivering a high quality, evidence based nutrition and dietetic service within the community division requiring a highly advanced level of knowledge, skills and experience.
To assess, treat and monitor a specialist caseload of patients with highly complex needs and maintain accurate health records.About us
Alder Hey is one of Europe's busiest children's hospitals, providing care for over 330,000 children every year. Alder Hey has a broad range of hospital and community services. Alder Hey is a leading paediatric research centre. We lead research into children's medicines, infection, inflammation and oncology. This is made possible by a comprehensive range of paediatric specialist and general clinical services, its expert healthcare professional workforce and its extensive access to a supra-regional population of children and young people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and personal specification for more details regarding the job and role requirements.Person SpecificationRole requirementsEssential
- oDegree or post-graduate qualification in Nutrition and Dietetics (2)
- oRegistered dietitian with HCPC (1)
- oDemonstrable post registration experience in clinical paediatric dietetics or in the defined sub specialty at Band 7 or above (2)
- oHighly developed oral and written communication skills in a breadth of clinical settings. (2)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Team leader experience or service leadership experience at band 7 level
- Attainment of validated post-registration training in paediatric dietetics preferably at Masters level (2)
- Ability to identify and complete projects within agreed deadlines
- Ability to contribute to operational service delivery and the development of departmental structures and systems
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kilby House, Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
Innovation Park, Digital Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.