A very exciting and unique opportunity has arisen at Bristol Haematology & Oncology Centre (BHOC), for a highly motivated, enthusiastic senior nurse to lead the Breast Cancer CNS team. The post is a full time permanent position working Monday - Friday with the option of flexible working considered.
We are looking for a dynamic senior nurse, with proven managerial and leadership skills who is passionate about providing a high standard of care to join the Breast Cancer Care CNS Team at the BHOC. The Band 7 CNS role is responsible for leading the team through the provision of specialist nursing advice and support to patients and families throughout their care pathway.
The role requires the post holder to work closely with all members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the breast cancer care pathway in both the outpatient and inpatient setting in BHOC.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop clinically, personally, and professionally, helping to shape the service that we deliver to our patients.Main duties of the job
You will need to be confident, have excellent clinical skills, knowledge, expertise and understanding of service delivery and its requirements.
You will have excellent leadership, communication, and organisational skills, be flexible and self-motivated with experience of planning and delivering service improvement initiatives in the NHS. You will have the ability to foster good working relationships with patients, their families and carers and colleagues within the multidisciplinary team.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationKnowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice within speciality area
- Significant relevant clinical and management experience
- Evidence of recent teaching experience
- Experience of undertaking research or audit projects
- Excellent IT skills
Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Experience and knowledge of advanced practice / protocols
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Active 1st level registration with NMC
- Masters level study or equivalent experience
- Teaching / mentoring qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of ongoing professional development through maintenance of professional portfolio and registration revalidation
- Highly effective communication skills - verbally and written to staff, patients and relatives including in situations of conflict or distress
- Able to gain credibility and influence colleagues including influencing clinical changes where appropriate
- Expert in specific area of practice and takes accountability for own actions
- Strong organisational skills, prioritising complex situations
- Ability to lead and influence change
- Ability to act as a facilitator, mentor, and supervisor to colleagues
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet needs of a changing service
- Ability to cope with sensitive and sometimes distressing emotional issues and to support others
- Demonstrates ability to implement and utilise audit data to improve quality
- Able to advise on and implement improvements to the quality and efficiency of care for patients
- Commitment to the development and provision of high-quality nursing care
Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.