The post holder will deliver a high quality Community Nurse Service to people with a learning disability who meet the service criteria within their allocated area. They will have responsibility for assessing care needs the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans within a multi disciplinary community team structure.
The post holder will work as an integral member of the learning disability community team in the delivery of a comprehensive package of care. To implement the Improvement Cymru action plan within their working day. To facilitate a smooth transition from Children's service into Adult Learning Disabilities services.Main duties of the job
The post holder will deliver a high quality Community Nurse Service to people with a learning disability who meet the service criteria within their allocated area. They will have responsibility for assessing care needs the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans within a multi disciplinary community team structure.About us
Being the smallest Heath Board in Wales means that you won't get lost in the crowd. Everybody at Powys Teaching Health Board is valued for the contribution they make to our varied and diverse portfolio of community-based services. Together, we can continue to make a real difference to our patients and build on our unrivalled reputation.
As a supportive and progressive employer, we actively encourage you to carve out a career with us, through a range of development pathways. We're also lucky enough to be situated in one of the most beautiful rural counties in Britain, let alone Wales! Achieving a healthy 'life work' balance is essential, and something we recognise by prioritising your well-being.
To start your journey with us, and to learn more about what we can offer you please visit: https://pthb.nhs.wales/working-for-us/. There you will find information about our benefits and values, read staff experiences and more about what our beautiful county has to offer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Person SpecificationQualifications & SkillsEssential
Experience / KnowledgeEssential
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of The Health Equalities Framework
- Experience of the Mental Health Measures Wales
- Significant experience of working with individuals with complex health needs and those with challenging behaviour
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary /multi agency context
- Experience/knowledge of Risk Management
- Ability to work on own initiative and exercise sound nursing judgement
- Evidence of undertaking presentation to groups
- Ability to assess clients and develop and monitor care plans
- Ability to create Needs assessment and the development of plans and care pathways to drive service improvement
- Able to establish feedback processes from referrers, people using services, carers and providers
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with providers, local authorities and other agencies
- All employees of the Health Board are required to demonstrate and embed the Values and Behaviour Statements in order for them to become an integral part of the post holder's working life and to embed the principles into the culture of the organisation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Special requirements to perform in the role e.g. Ability to travel within geographical area. Able to work hours flexibly to meet service needs
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Newtown Community Learning Disabilities Team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.