Senior Community Occupational Therapist (Adult) Band 7
Senior Occupational Therapist with experience of working in the community. Work with vulnerable adults to provide expert assessment and advice, and arrange service provision to improve independence, promote safety and adapt the environment. Contribute to day to day running of the service, and service improvement. Offer support and supervision to occupational therapists and occupational therapy technicians. Interview date: 11th October 2023Main duties of the job
1. Assess functional needs of adults in their home environment, recommend and implement an occupational therapy plan to optimise function and quality of life.
2. Ensure that assessment and intervention are culturally sensitive.
3. Contribute to overall operation of the service.
4. Support the team development in a specific area of community occupational therapy, e.g. intake and duty, complex manual handling, major adaptations.
5. Supervision of occupational therapists and occupational therapy technicians.About us
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
These include:o Croydon University Hospital o Purley Hospital o The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath o Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside o A minor injuries unit in New Addington The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.Our Vision:Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need itOur 5 key 'Here for you' promises to the people of Croydon are:o You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff o You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff o You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians o You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to homeo You feel it's getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of Listening into Action as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to Listening into Action is new and different.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*****Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role.*****Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Registered with HCPC or eligible for registration
- Significant OT experience in a community setting
- Sensitive to the needs of disabled people and their carers
- Student or OT technician supervision
- Up to date knowledge of equipment/ technology for disabled people
- Committed to equal opportunities
- Knowledge of safe moving and handling techniques
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work under pressure
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.