Hywel Dda UHB has an exciting opportunity to develop a Prehabilitation service to support patients in preparation for cancer treatment. We are seeking exceptional, inspirational, dynamic and experienced dietitians to lead and develop a new and innovative Cancer Prehabilitation service.
The Hywel Dda UHB Prehab through to Rehab programme will support people to prepare for cancer treatment by enhancing patients clinical, functional and wellbeing outcomes, as well as improving patient experience.
Working as a multidisciplinary Prehabilitation team, the successful candidate will provide support in the development and ongoing quality assurance of the service, undertaking evaluation, audit and contributing to research.
Applications are invited from individuals with demonstrable experience in working with people with cancer. They should be interested in working as part of a MDT therapy service, which actively supports professional development and is committed to excellent patient care and service improvement.
The post holder will be expected to travel across the Health Board footprint at times. Mileage allowance is payable and a lease car scheme is available.Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
Manage a clinical case load of adults with varied and complex health needs working as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
Uses specialist adult dietetic knowledge and skills: assessing, planning, implementing treatment and delivering dietetic interventions in a variety of settings including hospital, outpatient settings, community and group settings to suit the needs of the client / group.
Contributes to the work of designated dietetic services and supports the development and implementation of policy, guidance and standards within the acute and community dietetic service, multi-disciplinary teams and the Health Board.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across WalesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 18.10.2023Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Recognised degree in dietetics
- H.P.C. Registration
- Evidence of attendance on accredited post graduate diploma level specialist courses and, or advanced training in relation to dietetics
- Demonstrates consolidated clinical dietetic knowledge and skills in the field of Clinical Dietetics
- Has developed specialist knowledge as evidenced by dietetics qualification and additional formal learning/demonstrable experience in adult acute and community dietetics
- Skills in behavioural approaches including motivational interviewing
- Demonstrates good knowledge of, and ability to apply, evidence base in relation to dietetic practice and development of practice
- Critical appraisal skills - Knowledge of current and emerging evidence base, national and professional policy, guidance and best practice in the delivery and development of the specialist area of dietetic work
- Well established clinical problem solving skills
- Demonstrates effective organisational skills including prioritisation of workload, effective caseload management and delegation of tasks
- Well established teaching and presentation skills
- Clinical supervisory skills training
- Other professional, technical or academic qualification which relate to area of clinical Dietetic practice
- Demonstrable experience in adult dietetics
- Experience of working in acute and community settings to deliver dietetic care
- Evidence of working as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of teaching other health care staff
- Evidence of involvement in development work in dietetic services e.g. audit, implementing a change in practice, delivering a new dietetic intervention
- Experience of clinical audit
- Experience of delivery of patient group Education
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of delegating work to and supporting or supervising support workers, students, junior dietetic staff
- Experience of service change
- Experience of research
- Experience of delivering project work
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
TBC - Health board wide post
TBC - Health board wide post
TBC - Health board wide post
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.