Therapies and Dietetics are seeking to appoint Band 5 Physiotherapists to our dedicated and enthusiastic team in a rotational position. Our band 5 physiotherapy 6 month rotations offer an excellent opportunity to gain experience across the whole patient pathway within both acute and community settings. We have a strong commitment for developing our staff you will receive training and support to develop your professional, personal and clinical skills through clinical supervision, personal development reviews and in-service training. We offer a Band 5 development programme across all professions within Therapies and Dietetics to look at the wider NHS agendas and trust topics.
There is a flexible approach to service delivery which includes 7 day working, evening and weekend services within clinical areas. These differ between services and the successful candidate may be required to have a flexible approach to their working day, including weekends. Rotational physiotherapists are required to join the respiratory on-call team following completion of the comprehensive on-call training programme, with ongoing support from the team as required.Main duties of the jobRotations include:
Rotherham Stroke Rehabilitation Team
Health Care of the Older Person
Locality Rehabilitation Therapy
Community Paediatrics About us
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust is a combined acute and community Trust serving a population of over 260,000 with over 4,500 staff. Our vision is to always act the right way and be proud to provide exceptional healthcare to the communities of Rotherham. We are working successfully with partners across South Yorkshire as part of the Integrated Care Board where we are leading and collaborating in several key work streams and service areas, including workforce development. We combine our patient first approach with innovation and care against a backdrop of system working, as encapsulated in our Trust values
AMBITIOUS - We set high standards for the services we deliver. We aim to be an outstanding Trust and we are enthusiastic about delivering excellent health care for our patients.
CARING - We embrace the importance of giving the highest possible quality of care for our patients. We also care for each other as colleagues and for the community, our resources, our environment and our future.
TOGETHER - We value the importance of working together with patients, carers and families to ensure that we provide high quality patient centred care. We are committed to working with partners and stakeholders across Rotherham, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw to develop sustainable services for the population we serve. Getting the right leaders in the Trust is critical to achieving.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, for both our patients and our workforce.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and responsibilities. Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Knowledge and understanding of national legislation, guidance and regulatory framework including NSF, NICE, Information Governance, Equality and Diversity, Data Protection, Safe Guarding, Professional and Clinical Guidelines
- An understanding of Professional Standards
- Knowledge and experience of using standardised assessments and development of relevant outcome measures
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and implications for patient care
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in clinical audit and evidence gathering methods
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety in the work environment and implications for service area
- Knowledge of continuous improvement through benchmarking and sharing and utilising best practice
- Awareness and understanding of relevant health and Social Care legislation
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- Current HCPC Registration
- Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the county and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
- Membership of Professional body (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, CSP)
- Completed recognised IT course e.g.ECDL/Elite/MOST
PINEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Recent and relevant Experience within an NHS setting
- Up to date documented evidence of relevant CPD
- Experience of working within a multi professional team
The Rotherham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Rotherham Nhs Foundation Trust
120 Moorgate Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.