At East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust we are committed to providing high quality patient care in an environment which is clean & safe and an organisation which is forward thinking, innovative & supportive.
To enable us to maintain our commitment to high qualify patient focused care, we are seeking to recruit a Registered Nurse/Operating Department Practitioner who will work in Ipswich Hospital's busy, but well organised, Ophthalmology Day Care Unit.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic qualified individual to help manage our increasing activity. In our progressive, supporting and forward thinking team you will be supported in your continual professional development.Main duties of the job
- To provide clinically effective, high quality, individualized peri-operative patient care working within the multi-disciplinary team
- To deliver patient care throughput the peri-operative pathway to include patient escort, anaesthetic care, scrubbing for surgical procedures, post anaesthetic recovery, ward and nurse led discharge
- To promote a safe and attractive working environment that is conducive to learning.
- To contribute to the continuing development of peri-operative and professional practice ensuring practice is evidence based.
- To support the integration of clinical governance in all aspects of patient care delivery.
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Has experience of working within a team
- Evidence of Exposure to or understanding Relevant Clinical Experience
- Previous relevant Postoperative experience
- Registered Nurse Adult/ODP
- Evidence of continued professional Development Plans
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Dip HE (or working towards)
- Preparation for Mentorship
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.