The Dermatology department are very proud of the services we provide to our patients and we would be keen to hear from enthusiastic applicants who want to help us keep providing excellent care and improving the services we offer.
Dermatology is a very busy specialty, providing care to around 550 adult and paediatric patients per week, working alongside experienced colleagues across multi-disciplinary teams with the goal to provide the best care for our patients. We are the best performing Dermatology service within Greater Manchester and this is achieved through great management, support from other services and dedication to providing excellent patient care to our community.
The service is located within the centre of the hospital site in a dedicated department. The department offers seven clinic rooms, two theatres and a phototherapy unit. We offer a range of clinics led by both consultants and specialist nurses.
If you are interested in the role and wish to find out more about this opportunity, we would encourage you to arrange a visit where you could meet the team and discuss the role further.Main duties of the job
The main duties of the role:
- To provide overall direction and supervision to the Dermatology nursing team for the delivery of the Dermatology outpatient nursing service. To escalate queries and issues as required to the clinical lead and matron as required.
-To work as an autonomous nurse and effectively deliver an efficient outpatient nursing service.
- To communicate all relevant information to the multi-disciplinary team internally and with external organisations as required to ensure seamless care
- To act as team leader escalate according to policy ensuring the appropriate delegation of patient care and workload. Responsible for ensuring that the team are performing the highest standards of care.About us
The most recent Staff Survey results in 2022, show that we have come out top across our comparator group in Greater Manchester, which includes all other acute and acute/community trusts in the region. We are really proud to be in this position, but know that the hard work doesn't stop here, and does not mean that there are not improvements to be made. We've scored strongly in a number of key areas which is really pleasing to see. These include: staff feel that they have strong team dynamics and support each other at work and nearly 90% of staff feel that their role makes a difference to patients.
Your role as Dermatology Nursing Team Lead will be to support and develop the team to deliver the most effective, safe and excellent care to our localresidents.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on the detailed job description and responsibilities, please refer to the job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential
- Post registration experience in dermatology
- Evidence of recent professional development
- Evidence of teaching others, for example, teaching clinical skills in clinical areas
- Team and change management
- Evidence of autonomous working
- Excellent facilitation and organisational skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understands concepts of mentorship and preceptorship
- Up to date in specialty skills
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
Minerva Road, Farnworth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.