Are you dynamic, enjoy a fast pace environment that offers you exposure to all medical emergencies and specialities?
We are looking for a motivated individual who wants to join our senior nursing team on the Acute Medical Unit. You will enjoy a challenge where no two days are the same and join a team that is committed to providing the best possible patient care at the front door.
You will be responsible for supporting the staff working on AMU in the management of patients who have a mental health or addiction condition. You will act as a resource and advisor for future service developments and the training and education of AMU staff regarding mental health or addiction conditions in order to support the team to deliver quality care in an every changing environment. Base Location: Poole Interview Date: TBCMain duties of the job
To ensure that all appropriate patients with a mental health or addiction condition on AMU have been referred to either Psychiatric Liaison or ACTS for assessment.
To provide professional leadership to AMU staff in relation to the day-to-day management of patients requiring Mental Health care and support
Provide a day to day review of all patients with one to one support and the need to continue this.
To support the Psychiatric Liaison team finding suitable placements for patients requiring inpatient Mental health care.
To lead in planning, facilitating and implementing continuous professional development and education of all members of staff on AMU in a positive learning environment.About us
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of working within mental health settings and addiction services, supporting patients and families
- Experience of working with individuals with a broad range of complex needs in a therapeutic capacity
- Demonstrate an understanding of current NHS and Mental Health Services and the Mental Capacity Act
- Experience of hard to reach diverse community groups and individuals with emerging complex needs, dual diagnoses, people with additional disabilities and safeguarding
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification in Mental Health
- Masters level qualification in relevant subject matter or equivalent level of experience and knowledge
- Independent & Supplementary Prescribing or willingness to work towards
- Registration with NMC or other recognised professional body
- Working knowledge of Mental Health and appropriate legislative framework e.g. Care Act, Safeguarding Adults legislation, Children's Act, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, Carers Act and Disability Discrimination Act
- Current working knowledge of the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of teaching, training and/or mentoring
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.